Re Vera Background Check?

madeanaccount

Question

Hey all, has anyone here (besides those that applied for MBAs) had to deal with Re Vera background checks before?

I just got into a school that was such a profound stretch that I still don't believe the acceptance wasn't a mistake. I am very lucky and very happy, and being a paranoiac, completely frenzied about it potentially being taken away. 

As such I have fixated upon the background check. Has anyone undergone this? What do they check? What if I, for example, have a slightly different date for exiting a job than what a company might have on file? 

Somebody please tell me that I'm being stupid, thank you. 

2 answers to this question

While I'm not entirely familiar with that particular background check, I've gotten several in order to work/intern at various state and federal agencies, as well as entering grad school. They're more concerned with potential ethical concerns: legal action against you, criminal history, that sort of thing. In terms of work history, I would imagine that would fall more in line with checking your references and I don't think it would be seen as a big deal unless the dates are vastly different, at which point it may bring up confusion more than anything else. 

On 5/18/2020 at 8:32 AM, PsyDuck90 said:

While I'm not entirely familiar with that particular background check, I've gotten several in order to work/intern at various state and federal agencies, as well as entering grad school. They're more concerned with potential ethical concerns: legal action against you, criminal history, that sort of thing. In terms of work history, I would imagine that would fall more in line with checking your references and I don't think it would be seen as a big deal unless the dates are vastly different, at which point it may bring up confusion more than anything else. 

Thanks, very helpful