Courtauld Scholarships

raye237

I e-mailed. They are "hoping" to send it out now before June 30th when the commitment deadline is. I presume they are trying to figure out if classes will be online or in person. I think they will have a serious funding problem if classes go all online because they will lose a lot of international students which provide most of their financial cushion. I think there is probably a big convo on if they should prioritize giving funding to international students this year or not. Because if you give an international student 6,000 scholarship they are still paying 18,000 which is 3x times more than the UK students where as a uk student would be paying 2,000 if they received a scholarship. I really doubt many  international students will commit if it is all online and still the full price.

It s starting to make me frustrated that everything gets pushed back so we can't make decisions and there has been a lack of communication.

8 hours ago, ohlawdabby said:

I e-mailed. They are "hoping" to send it out now before June 30th when the commitment deadline is. I presume they are trying to figure out if classes will be online or in person. I think they will have a serious funding problem if classes go all online because they will lose a lot of international students which provide most of their financial cushion. I think there is probably a big convo on if they should prioritize giving funding to international students this year or not. Because if you give an international student 6,000 scholarship they are still paying 18,000 which is 3x times more than the UK students where as a uk student would be paying 2,000 if they received a scholarship. I really doubt many  international students will commit if it is all online and still the full price.

It s starting to make me frustrated that everything gets pushed back so we can't make decisions and there has been a lack of communication.

Thanks for the info. I definitely don't plan on committing if it will be online, although I do think it is more likely it will be hybrid and mostly in person given the small class sizes. My biggest concern about it is the visa with the UK not issuing visas at the moment.