External fellowship and financial/moving questions

icyscientist

I have a few unusual questions about external fellowships/grants and (1) moving to a state different than your university and (2) whether people have had issues working outside work while on external funding. 

I'm a PhD student and was just awarded an external funding from a national agency (think NSF, Ford, Heinz, etc.) grant (it's confusing because the old funding program was a "fellowship" but the new program is a "grant", which may play a role in my question). I am (and have been for 2 years) been working in industry full-time. My advisor and university have had nothing to say about this as it doesn't impact my progress, even while I've had a TA for some semesters. So my questions are:

1. I absolutely hate living in this state. I've been here 4 years and since I'm at the point of ABD, I do not want to live in this state anymore. Since my university is in this state, I was thinking that may have some kind of issue. Since it's an external fellowship (grant, whatever), then I wouldn't be paying out of state tuition because the Fed Gov is paying for it, so my university has a history of waiving that. In the RFP and other documents, nothing is mentioned anywhere about having to live in the state where your university resides. Does anyone have experience with or know if NASA or any universities have had issues with a PhD student moving while still enrolled full-time?

2. The RFP docs state that as long as the external work doesn't interfere with fulfilling the grant-funded work, that they don't have an issue with it. However, it says also that it has to jive with university policies. I can find no policy on external funding student responsibilities/requirements anywhere in the hundreds of pages of university policies on their website. As far as I know, I will not have to sign a contract since I'm not the PI for the grant, but the student on the grant. Thus, there should be no issue with me working while on the grant work while working in industry, as far as I can see. Has anyone worked an outside job while on an externally-funded fellowship/grant?