Latin Praxis Test Question

ClassicsCandidate

Hello, all! So I wanted to know for those of you who did a MAT in Latin or were required to take the Latin Praxis test as part of your MA requirements, did you do any kind of test prep or use any guide of some sort?  How would you suggest preparing for the test? There's not much information about this so I'd like to see what y'all would suggest. Thank you in advance!

I took a Latin Pedagogy class in my MA program. On the date we discussed exams for accreditation, we were told the only thing we needed to do to prep for the Praxis is “get a good night’s sleep and eat breakfast,” because it’s supposedly a cakewalk.

They like to ask multiple choice questions with tricky wrong answer options (like “illi” as the masc. gen. sg. of “ille,” for example), so watch out for those sorts of distractions.

I’d like to stress that I haven’t personally taken the exam, but by all accounts it’s not bad at all.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:38 PM, suntaliquidmanes said:

I took a Latin Pedagogy class in my MA program. On the date we discussed exams for accreditation, we were told the only thing we needed to do to prep for the Praxis is “get a good night’s sleep and eat breakfast,” because it’s supposedly a cakewalk.

They like to ask multiple choice questions with tricky wrong answer options (like “illi” as the masc. gen. sg. of “ille,” for example), so watch out for those sorts of distractions.

I’d like to stress that I haven’t personally taken the exam, but by all accounts it’s not bad at all.

Thank you so much! I wonder if that's why I didn't find much information or prep guides for it aside from the ETS one. I'll keep my eye out for those tricky questions!