About kaust application

Chemistry 786

Question

Hey I have studied in a lower ranked university of Asia and after doing BS in chemistry, I am carrying on research. I wanna apply in kaust.. can I be selected in kaust? I have a 3.81 cgpa but I am affraid that my University is not well known that is why they can reject me.. kindly guide me 

3 answers to this question

On 7/19/2020 at 8:07 PM, Chemistry 786 said:

Hey I have studied in a lower ranked university of Asia and after doing BS in chemistry, I am carrying on research. I wanna apply in kaust.. can I be selected in kaust? I have a 3.81 cgpa but I am affraid that my University is not well known that is why they can reject me.. kindly guide me 

Hi

I advice you to apply since the application is free. Plus you never know what is hidden for you.

all the best.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:37 PM, Chemistry 786 said:

Hi, this may be too late as reply to your query but you should apply to KAUST if you have a good CGPA. 
I had applied to KAUST and got a call for both my interviews, i.e, academic and personal. Even though I haven't received an offer yet, but neither my Professor nor the admission staff focused on the University much. Though I had some internships from some reputed Institutes of India (IITs). 
So, you should try and grab an opportunity to do some research internship with a good professor or from a good University. 
Something which is more important is contacting the professor by an email, send him your CV and some research work presentation or something close to it. If you get a reply from his side, this may enhance your chances of being selected. 
Go for it, we never know when an opportunity may knock our door. :) 

On 6/4/2021 at 10:47 PM, Abdul Waris said:

Hi, this may be too late as reply to your query but you should apply to KAUST if you have a good CGPA. 
I had applied to KAUST and got a call for both my interviews, i.e, academic and personal. Even though I haven't received an offer yet, but neither my Professor nor the admission staff focused on the University much. Though I had some internships from some reputed Institutes of India (IITs). 
So, you should try and grab an opportunity to do some research internship with a good professor or from a good University. 
Something which is more important is contacting the professor by an email, send him your CV and some research work presentation or something close to it. If you get a reply from his side, this may enhance your chances of being selected. friday night funkin
Go for it, we never know when an opportunity may knock our door. :) 

Thanks so much!  That is precisely what I was looking for!