CCS Bard, chances?

g kons

Hey guys

i went to a prestigious BFA program in NYC (Cooper Union) but unfortunately due to various health issues i have a relatively low GPA... (3.0).

Do you think i would still have a chance at CCS Bard?

They don’t post a minimum GPA for admissions and am wondering if anyone knows/thinks that the writing portions of the application may help sway me or is it just too competitive.

thanks

I think interview and especially the writing sample (the theoretical exhibition) are pretty important. In my interviews, acceptance letters etc. the comments were mostly about my “potential”, “writing” and my school “fit”

My grades, school and extra curricular stuff was all slightly above average at best, maybe even bad by Bard standards.

My writing sample was solid though and it helped too that years of reading texts from Bard and associated writers made it so my interests naturally kind of aligned with Bard’s.

TL;DR I’m a quasi burnout and I got in probably largely based on the writing portion, you should just give it a shot 

22 hours ago, g kons said:

Hey guys

i went to a prestigious BFA program in NYC (Cooper Union) but unfortunately due to various health issues i have a relatively low GPA... (3.0).

Do you think i would still have a chance at CCS Bard?

They don’t post a minimum GPA for admissions and am wondering if anyone knows/thinks that the writing portions of the application may help sway me or is it just too competitive.

thanks

Hi!  I second what @CHINESEGOLD has expressed: go for it.  A 3.0 is a little low, but not appallingly so.  If you have a clear picture of what you want from the program and how you are an effective candidate, that will go much further than your GPA.  Plus, if you can highlight the ways that you have turned your academic struggles into successes or strengths, you could demonstrate your tenacity and capacity to pivot, which are both good personal qualities.