Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Non-Eu/EEA Visas for UK

Recommended Posts

Hi, all! 

I'm trying to see if it's at all feasible for me to get a clinical psychology degree (DClinPsy) in the UK. 

One of the main issues I've run into is related to visas/right to work without restriction. 

There are a couple of schools accepting self-funded applicants, but most seem not to be. For example, I really had my eye on the University of Edinburgh, but I can't receive NHS funding if I'm not from the EU/EEA, and I can't opt for a self-funded option. It seems like I'll only be able to apply if I can find a way to "work without restriction." I have no real connection to the UK or dual citizenship that would help. I did have a temporary student visa a couple of years ago, if that's anything I could build off of... I also have friends there. 

Are there any routes I can look into? 

Another issue: Apparently, it's very hard to international applicants to find work in the UK after a DClinPsy, because the NHS doesn't like giving out visas and you can really only work for the NHS (is what I've heard). But, maybe that's a problem for another day. 

I've even looked into on-the-side au pair jobs, but a family willing to hire me couldn't figure out the visa situation! 

Is there anything I can do?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.