UTD Communication Disorders Spring 2021

whatthefricatives

Hello! 

I haven't seen much about Spring 2021 Admissions for Communication Disorders at UTD (I've checked religiously since May and have seen far and few in between). I just wanted to create a forum for people to share when they've submitted their Spring 2021 applications, when they get their admission decision and other information or questions about potentially being in the Spring 2021 cohort. I hope this pops off pretty quickly because it'd be nice to finally have a resource from people who are also applying. 

Best of luck to everyone! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations everyone! I completed my application on September 15 (due date). My evaluators emphasized submitting their letters on the deadline date even though I asked for the letters back in May. :( They said there's no point submitting early, but from your early acceptances I think it would have made a big difference. 

Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear back from UT Dallas. Just staying hopeful :) 

4 minutes ago, PiaZhuang said:

@SunnyCaliSLP I am with you? Didnt even know about the rolling admissions til i submitter everything right on ddl at 15th... My galaxy still shows application complete and ready for review, but trying to stay positive for sure?

It's been over a month. Do you think we should call the department?

On 10/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, SunnyCaliSLP said:

It's been over a month. Do you think we should call the department?

I emailed the department about three weeks ago cuz i was so impatient lol and they said they are still admitting and looking at the applications rn, also saying they dont have a definite ddl for giving out the decisions. But I will definitely try it after Nov.15, since its so close to the beginning of the Spring semester...

I applied to Fresno state too! Have you heard anything from them? I am an out-of-fielder with no relevant course/work/research experience so feeling pretty anxious since i just got an rejection from SLU...

Lets stay hopeful together ? but please lemme know what their responses are if you have already called the department or are going to!

16 minutes ago, PiaZhuang said:

I emailed the department about three weeks ago cuz i was so impatient lol and they said they are still admitting and looking at the applications rn, also saying they dont have a definite ddl for giving out the decisions. But I will definitely try it after Nov.15, since its so close to the beginning of the Spring semester...

I applied to Fresno state too! Have you heard anything from them? I am an out-of-fielder with no relevant course/work/research experience so feeling pretty anxious since i just got an rejection from SLU...

Lets stay hopeful together ? but please lemme know what their responses are if you have already called the department or are going to!

I believe UT Dallas puts everyone who was not offered admissions on a waitlist. If applicants decline offers, they go down the waitlist and send new offers until their cohort is full. I may be wrong, but it's been a while so I don't doubt that's their system.

Fresno sends out notifications the first 2 weeks of November. We should hear back soon. 

11 hours ago, SunnyCaliSLP said:

I believe UT Dallas puts everyone who was not offered admissions on a waitlist. If applicants decline offers, they go down the waitlist and send new offers until their cohort is full. I may be wrong, but it's been a while so I don't doubt that's their system.

Fresno sends out notifications the first 2 weeks of November. We should hear back soon. 

Maybe your right... I just wish they could at least look at my application at this point

Thanks for the info? Lets keep each other updated since I havent heard anyone else got accepted outside of this forum so no news is good news i suppose ????