Am I competitive for a PhD in Business/Management?

mp1410

Hello! New here and would appreciate a feedback on my profile. 

Applying to: PhD in Business/Management (track in Organisational Behaviour) at private schools (Columbia, NYU, Yale, University of Miami, University of Chicago, McGill University, University of Toronto, Cornell University, Duke University, Emory University, Washington University in St. Louis) as an international student 

Undergraduate school: university in the top 300 in the world for economics (location: Southern Europe)

Undergraduate GPA: when I try to convert my local GPA to a point 4.0 scale, it is underscored. Anyway it should be 3.26 and I graduated with a final grade of 108 out of 110. 

Undergraduate major: economics and business 

Study abroad experiences: one summer school in South Korea and then one semester always in South Korea

Undergraduate thesis: yes and passed with a grade of 6 out of 6

Graduate school: top 5 university in South Korea and top 75 in the world 

Graduate GPA: 4.4 out of 4.5. 1 B+ (in my last semester), 2 As, 11 A+

Graduate major: international business

Graduate thesis: yes 

Research experience: I have written two thesis and currently I am writing a paper with a Professor at my graduate institution related to what I want to research during my PhD. Obviously the goal is to publish this before I send the applications and send it as a work example.

Research methods courses: yes. Statistics (27 out of 30), Econometrics (28 out of 30) and Qualitative Research Methods (A)

Scholarships: got a scholarship during my undergrad for the entire duration of my studies + another scholarship (always given by my university) to study abroad. During my master degree, I have also gotten a scholarship for two years. 

Work experience: before I started university, I did an internship at a local accounting firm for around one month. During my undergrad, I also did a 2-months internship in Malaysia. Currently, I am working in South Korea as a Business Development Manager for a Korean SME (will have one year and half experience once I apply to schools)

GRE: not taken yet but I expected an overall score between 320 and 325

TOEFL: need to take it. I took it three years ago and got 115

Language skills: Italian (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent), Korean (high intermediate), German (advance beginner), French (beginner)

Strength of SOP: haven’t wrote it yet but I guess my entire academic career and work experiences have been very “international” and I wanna focus on the international side of OB. Plus my ultimate goal in life is to be a Professor and I think my background is quite rare for an European/Italian.

Strength of LOR: I will ask to 1) a professor I studied with during my exchange program in South Korea that has written me a really good (and touching for me) LOR before 2) my advisor at my graduate institution with whom I am writing a research paper now 3) another professor that knows me well from my graduate school 

Others: 1) worked for one year in my local AIESEC (largest student organisation in the world) 2) was student assistant twice during my undergraduate 3) volunteered for a Korean NGO that helps North Korean defectors to settle down in Korea for around 4 months 4) was vice-president of the student council and a student-led society at my graduate school