TAMU CS PhD funding..............

jaya2008

I'm just wondering about the TAMU CS PhD funding for admitted students, whether a support is guaranteed or they admit students without finding like Purdue CS PhD admits this year?????

I got my acceptance email this April 26th, and no word about finding though. The email state that I need to accept the offer before May 15th and then only I can apply for department fellowship, and assistantships. Also, they asked me to contact individual faculty for RA'ships.

I really wanna attend TAMU and I'm desperate about funding. If any previous TAMU admits or someone with insights on this????

I saw several admits in the results page with TA and RA support.

thanks.

Edited by jaya2008

No news abt funding yet. I already accept the admission offer and apply for assistantships through the online cse web. The admission coordinator told me that the committee going to provide funding offers late of the summer. I contacted a current doctoral student at the department, seems to me that they normally offer TA's for all the admitted students. Anyways, I'm planning to contact individual faculty and see whether they have RA's available for the Fall 2010. Hope they are not already given offers to other students.......

What abt you? Any news on funding? Did you contact faculty for RA's?