how to phrase emails when reapplying

Manana

Question

So  this year I am reapplying to a few of the graduate programs that I have applied to last year. I am not sure how to phrase emails to professors who I have corresponded with last year. They have all replied, their answers ranging from very positive to neutral. I tried to get the answer from Google but all the guides refer to first time applying, introducing yourself etc., which I feel would just look weird, as we have already corresponded. To this I have to add that English is not my first language so I'm extra nervous. Would appreciate your input.

Edited by Manana

1 answer to this question

Dear Professor ________,

My name is ________ and last year we spoke about how my research interests of ____ could apply to your research on ______. In the past year, I have gained more experience in ______ while working on __________ .I am still very interested in working with you and am considering reapplying to your program. Are you accepting graduate applicants for the fall of 2021?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Manana

(I'm not sure how well that applies to a history program, but it's a start, anyway.)