Applying for MA in TESOL at a high ranking school. I have solid verbal and analytical scores, but quant score is under the 50th percentile. Does it matter?

gradschoolcoolguy

I'm applying to a few MA in TESOL programs which include full-ride fellowships. GRE scores are required for both of these programs. One of them is a very prestigious university while the other is respectable. I took the GRE around 4 years ago and my verbal score was 164 (94th percentile), my quant score was 153 (48th percentile) and my analytical was a 5.0 (92nd percentile). Will my middling quant score even matter for these programs considering that they aren't math related? I'm a bit worried and wondering if I should spend the money and time retaking my GREs and just focusing on the quant section or if I should just spend my time focusing on my SOP and the other application essays. FWIW, the other parts of my application are fairly solid: high GPA, various research experiences, an honors thesis, several conference presentations, a conference award, a peer-reviewed publication, three and a half years of international TEFL teaching experience, and I'm fluent in a foreign language. The only other problems is my undergrad and all of the research experiences are from a completely unrelated field, and it's been quite a while since I've spoken to my LOR writers, so I might only have one stellar LOR. Is this quant score something to worry about or should I just forget about it?

• 1 month later...

Just forget it and focus on the other documents. 

I’m also applying to a few MA TESOL programs. Fortunately, they waived the GRE! ?

Edited by IvanC
Typo