Difficulty of getting into a PhD program

Sunandan Malviya

Question

Hi,

I am currently enrolled in a Bachelor's 3 year (Hons) degree course in Physics .

I am planning to apply to PhD graduate program of some US colleges.  I was confused whether applying to PhD program is any good since many Master's students will also apply and my chances of getting into would be close to zero. Is this true or will they take into account that I am a Bachelor's student while evaluating my Application?

Also I have not published any research paper as of yet. Though I am doing a research project currently which might yield a paper by next year. But since I do not have a published paper will my research experience help me in  my application?

All in all , do I have a non-zero chance in getting into a PhD program  in Physics of a good college like Columbia or Yale considering my college academic is great, Toefl score us great, and I have a good research experience in an area in which some of my selected colleges are actively doing research?

Edited by Sunandan Malviya

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet