Simultaneously Applying to Statistics and Biostatistics department of same school?

Hi all, I would be delighted to go to both a School's Statistics and Bio-statistics program. To cast a wider net to compensate for COVID eventualities, I'd like to apply to both the bio-statistics and statistics department which is allowed by the school. My personal statement and story is pretty much the same for both. Is this okay? Or could there be some communication between the departments that will result in my application being thrown out? Thank you all so much for your help!

I really doubt departments would throw your application out even if they realized you sent them a generic personal statement.  Most folks' personal statements are mostly generic with some slight additional commentary on their interest in that particular school; a fully generic statement isn't exactly amazing, but it's really not that out of the ordinary.  Hell, I think I got into some schools that I sent a fully generic personal statement to.  In any case, are the admissions committees in these departments really going to run over your personal statements line-by-line to compare them?  I sincerely doubt that's the best use of their time.

So, I really wouldn't worry about it; you're probably good to go.