Anyone attending Columbia 2021 MSW

Graeae

Hello,

I have initially applied to Boston and Columbia for my MSW.  I got accepted from Columbia and I decided to go with them. However, I am kind of nervous about the costs although I will be using military benefits. I just wanted to see if anyone else if looking into going to Columbia for their MSW next year! I rejected Boston over Columbia and I hope that I did not make an impulsive decision. I have read many mix reviews about Columbia's program. Hoping to see how's everyone else is feeling? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

I applied to Columbia I believe in October...2020 I received a letter of acceptance today.? I am so excited! Ivy League! I know that if I do decide to go I will advance solely only based on the University's prestige. I am in California and have always wanted to make the bold move of moving to New York. This could be my opportunity. I also like that this program offers dual degree opportunities (I can go to law school... become a DBT certified therapist, etc..there are so many perks). The price is hefty, but I am definitely evaluating all factors in this wonderful opportunity...in the middle of NYC ❤️ 

On 12/21/2020 at 10:00 PM, bayareamelaninsw said:

Hello, 

I applied to Columbia I believe in October...2020 I received a letter of acceptance today.? I am so excited! Ivy League! I know that if I do decide to go I will advance solely only based on the University's prestige. I am in California and have always wanted to make the bold move of moving to New York. This could be my opportunity. I also like that this program offers dual degree opportunities (I can go to law school... become a DBT certified therapist, etc..there are so many perks). The price is hefty, but I am definitely evaluating all factors in this wonderful opportunity...in the middle of NYC ❤️ 

Congratulations! That’s awesome :) I’m still waiting to hear my decision. Do you mind sharing your stats? Tyia!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I am Maria Paola a current second year from the MSW program. We are mobilizing current students because of the situation happening with Professor Erika Hart who was fired in an anti-Black racist action. More info here. The school has refused to apologize to her. Please join this Whatsapp group if you want to join efforts with us to make the school accountable https://chat.whatsapp.com/LMh5NtmITRwI0mrhw461SB Please join the group you want to mobilize with us.

Things you can do to support us: 

1. Start sharing #ActNowCSSW Demands with everyone you know, and they can sign if they support the demands to address structural issues that enabled this violence against Black adjunct professors like Professor Hart. Link to the demands:

2. Twitter Storm: This is an organized virtual action to call out CSSW's response. This will start tomorrow at 3pm EST. Share this with folks on Twitter. This is a tool-kit for what to post on social media on this issue.

You hold great power as applicants and we need to be united during these important times. 
In solidarity, 
MP 
Edited by Colombiamswapplicant
link updated

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, 

i hope this message finds everyone well. I am applying for MSW at Columbia for Spring 2022. I didn’t get accepted for Fall 2021 but I am not willing to give up on my dream college. Would love some advice on how to make the application better from all of you who have been accepted. Also, if you would be able to suggest some career counsellor who I could get in touch with for help 

• 9 months later...
On 2/19/2021 at 9:49 AM, Colombiamswapplicant said:

Hello everyone! I am Maria Paola a current second year from the MSW program. We are mobilizing current students because of the situation happening with Professor Erika Hart who was fired in an anti-Black racist action. More info here. The school has refused to apologize to her. Please join this Whatsapp group if you want to join efforts with us to make the school accountable https://chat.whatsapp.com/LMh5NtmITRwI0mrhw461SB Please join the group you want to mobilize with us.

Things you can do to support us: 

1. Start sharing #ActNowCSSW Demands with everyone you know, and they can sign if they support the demands to address structural issues that enabled this violence against Black adjunct professors like Professor Hart. Link to the demands:

2. Twitter Storm: This is an organized virtual action to call out CSSW's response. This will start tomorrow at 3pm EST. Share this with folks on Twitter. This is a tool-kit for what to post on social media on this issue.

You hold great power as applicants and we need to be united during these important times. 
In solidarity, 
MP 

I have been researching Columbia’s MSW and this specific situation. Would you consider the MSW program worth attending?