3.1 GPA , successful applicant to Harris. Happy to help with any questions

aw_ca

thank you for taking the time to do this! Similar to you, although I have 4 years of experience and strong LORs,  I have a sub 2.X GPA and it scares me.

1. I wonder what do you see as your strength? 
  2. How did you structure your SOP to demonstrate what you're capable of doing and your potential despite your low GPA?

On 11/22/2020 at 2:18 PM, omoon said:

thank you for taking the time to do this! Similar to you, although I have 4 years of experience and strong LORs,  I have a sub 2.X GPA and it scares me.

1. I wonder what do you see as your strength? 
  2. How did you structure your SOP to demonstrate what you're capable of doing and your potential despite your low GPA?

Hi ! Will message you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - thanks for posting this! I have a low undergrad GPA, but really high graduate school gpa and also did not turn in GRE scores. Did you work after undergrad? Curious as to what you think may have made you competitive or whether they said what made you competitive. also - did you get any funding?  

thanks so much!

2 hours ago, loiewo said:

Hi - thanks for posting this! I have a low undergrad GPA, but really high graduate school gpa and also did not turn in GRE scores. Did you work after undergrad? Curious as to what you think may have made you competitive or whether they said what made you competitive. also - did you get any funding?  

thanks so much!

Hi, yes I had right about 4 years of work experience at the time I submitted my application. I worked in finance in a pretty demanding space, and was also in a managerial position. I think my work experience and essays put me in a pretty good position, but I also had a pretty well-rounded application package imo. I did get funding. 

Feel free to message me if you have more questions.