Date of Degree Expected

Help me. 

I have started my applications and hit a snag. As one would know, applicants provide information of their academic history, including degrees, majors, GPA, etc. Although I have no problem entering Bachelor's degree, I haven't finished my Masters yet and have next to no idea when I will have. I can't in good conscience say that I expect to have earned my degree by the time of matriculation expected by universities, considering it would take well over six months for me to complete my thesis after finishing coursework. Yet they make it impossible to state anything about my studies in Masters unless I provide an expected graduation date, which is troubling since although in progress it still is the most important part of my academic history up to this point. Should I omit Masters history altogether, or make up an expected date? I am in need of advice, and a piece of it would be dearly appreciated. 

Edited by schlum

Most MA programs in literature are structured so you complete your degree in four semesters (excluding summer terms). Unless there's something unusual about your situation (e.g. part-time enrollment), just put down four semesters from the semester you began. If, for example, you started in Fall 2019, put Spring 2021.

Also, don't worry about anyone holding you to the expected semester. Programs don't care when you graduate so long as you can prove you have your MA in hand by the time you start the PhD. I ended up taking an extra summer for my MA, graduating a mere two weeks before starting my PhD at a different school, and my PhD program didn't bat an eye. So, there's really no need to sweat this.

Edited by Ramus