Ryerson MPPA 2021

ZabiQs

Hello folks,

Has anyone else received a "Ryerson Application Status" email stating that their application(s) has been forwarded to the Program Admissions Committee? I just got this for both my full/part time applications. 

I applied to the full time stream two years ago and was unfortunately rejected. But I received that email late January. I'm curious if they're just processing things faster or if this is a good sign this time around lol..

Good luck to everyone applying! Let's keep each other updated :) 

Thanks!

Edited by ZabiQs

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thevibe said:

I've applied to the MPPA at Ryerson and waiting anxiously?  Don't know if first batch of admission letters been sent out? 

if anyone has let us know!

fingers corssed! Best of luck!! 

I have no idea either. I emailed MPPA admissions and they said that admissions begin mid to late February and continue into the Spring and Summer. Makes me so anxious! I got into another program and I have to accept mid March so I hope I hear back from Ryerson soon so I can make a decision!

Good Luck!! 

PS. Remember to always be kind to yourself! You're amazing Haha :)

2 hours ago, thevibe said:

I've applied to the MPPA at Ryerson and waiting anxiously?  Don't know if first batch of admission letters been sent out? 

if anyone has let us know!

fingers corssed! Best of luck!! 

I haven't heard back either..

Thank you Coolkid2212 :)  and I totally get your dilemma!

I hope we get to know soon! 

Yellbell, thanks for sharing!

I dont think they have started sending out admission letters yet.

Fingers crossed! ill let you know if I hear anything, and pls let me know if you guys hear anything too! :)

16 hours ago, Coolkid2212 said:

I have no idea either. I emailed MPPA admissions and they said that admissions begin mid to late February and continue into the Spring and Summer. Makes me so anxious! I got into another program and I have to accept mid March so I hope I hear back from Ryerson soon so I can make a decision!

Good Luck!! 

PS. Remember to always be kind to yourself! You're amazing Haha :)

oh I forgot to mention, congrats on your acceptance on the other program! ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Oops! I didn't get any notifications and completely forgot I made this thread ?

I still haven't heard back from Ryerson but congratulations to those that got offers! Very happy for y'all. I got accepted into Waterloo's MPS and Queen's MPA. Still waiting on Ryerson but I'll likely be accepting my offer to Queen's.

Edited by ZabiQs

3 hours ago, ZabiQs said:

Oops! I didn't get any notifications and completely forgot I made this thread ?

I still haven't heard back from Ryerson but congratulations to those that got offers! Very happy for y'all. I got accepted into Waterloo's MPS and Queen's MPA. Still waiting on Ryerson but I'll likely be accepting my offer to Queen's.

I also received an acceptance from Queens! Are you going to forego the Queens offer if you receive an offer from Ryerson later on? 

5 hours ago, Yellbell said:

I also received an acceptance from Queens! Are you going to forego the Queens offer if you receive an offer from Ryerson later on? 

Congratulations!! Probably not if I'm being honest. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet haha but I'm pretty much set on Queen's in my mind. Are you waiting on Ryerson?

I think they're both great schools. It comes down to Ryerson being 2k cheaper in tuition, Queen's slightly better co-op (especially with federal service), and how much funding you get from each school. Plus I could use a change of scenery from Toronto lol.

Hi guys!

thanks for the updates! and congrats on your acceptance guys :)

I am still waiting on Ryerson , still haven't heard anything :(  But it sounds like no one has heard anything from Ryerson.

Hoping they will let applicants know soon!

22 minutes ago, thevibe said:

Hi guys!

thanks for the updates! and congrats on your acceptance guys :)

I am still waiting on Ryerson , still haven't heard anything :(  But it sounds like no one has heard anything from Ryerson.

Hoping they will let applicants know soon!

Yeah, Ryerson takes their time unfortunately. The first time I applied to Ryerson was for fall 2019 and people received acceptances later than other schools (I think?). Can't remember exactly when but that thread should be on this forum. I got my rejection late April myself - should've applied to other schools that year lol.

Hope you get some good news soon! The wait is almost over..

Edited by ZabiQs

5 hours ago, ZabiQs said:

Congratulations!! Probably not if I'm being honest. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet haha but I'm pretty much set on Queen's in my mind. Are you waiting on Ryerson?

I think they're both great schools. It comes down to Ryerson being 2k cheaper in tuition, Queen's slightly better co-op (especially with federal service), and how much funding you get from each school. Plus I could use a change of scenery from Toronto lol.

This makes sense! Yes I'm still waiting on Ryerson. In terms of the curriculum, would you think Queens is better? 

25 minutes ago, Yellbell said:

This makes sense! Yes I'm still waiting on Ryerson. In terms of the curriculum, would you think Queens is better? 

I haven't compared them in detail but I'm sure the core required courses are more or less similar. I guess it's the available electives that might matter for special interests. I'm mainly looking forward to Queen's co-op and it's strengths with OPS connections. Also, apparently the program always has policy job postings listed internally for students to apply to. Send me a DM if you wanna discuss this stuff! Always interested in hearing what others think.

10 hours ago, ZabiQs said:

Yeah, Ryerson takes their time unfortunately. The first time I applied to Ryerson was for fall 2019 and people received acceptances later than other schools (I think?). Can't remember exactly when but that thread should be on this forum. I got my rejection late April myself - should've applied to other schools that year lol.

Hope you get some good news soon! The wait is almost over..

aah I see! thanks for sharing :)

fingers crossed!

Not sure if this helps, but I received my acceptance from Ryerson last week. I will likely be declining and attending York's MPPAL however, so a spot will open up soon. Good luck everyone!

7 hours ago, DunnS said:

Not sure if this helps, but I received my acceptance from Ryerson last week. I will likely be declining and attending York's MPPAL however, so a spot will open up soon. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! That's wonderful. All the best at York :)

8 hours ago, DunnS said:

Congratulations on your acceptance to both places! and thank you for sharing!  alll the best at york :) 
was beginning to wonder if acceptance letters had been sent out from Ryerson at all.
kinda worried now, appearantly they rank the applicants at ryerson, so offers are being sent out according to what place you rank on the list, so Im hoping for the best!  patience is key at this point I guess lol

• 1 month later...