Making my family crazy

steenac1969

How many of us overthink things?  That seems like a silly question because due to the fact we're all pursuing higher education I think it makes us overthinkers.  

I applied to LSU Shreveport a few months ago for Spring semester for EdD in Leadership Studies.  I was told it was very competitive and they would only be taking 2 or 3 students for the Spring.  I had my interview on Wednesday and was told they would make their decision the first of next week.  Of course I was hoping the first of next week would be Friday of last week, but it's not.  It's really going to be the first of next week.

I interviewed with the dept. chair, two professors and one GA who also happens to be their director of admissions.  Out of 50 who applied, they interviewed 7 and will choose 2 or 3.  I have a 4.0 GPA MS in MHA, a 3.96 GPA for BS HC Mgmt.  My department chair wrote an amazing LOR, and my boss and coworker wrote the other two.  No GRE was required and I can't find anything i did or said wrong in the interview.  My inappropriate humor did not come out, nor did my awkwardness, to my surprise.  I think I came across as poised and professional and gracious.  All my friends and family say I'm going to get in.  For some reason I don't believe it.

I'm praying and spending time reading the grad cafe, as well as look at other programs while I wait.  I really hope I get this.  

1 hour ago, steenac1969 said:

My inappropriate humor did not come out, nor did my awkwardness, to my surprise.  I think I came across as poised and professional and gracious.  All my friends and family say I'm going to get in.  For some reason I don't believe it.

What if these were the attributes they were looking? At the end of the day, people want colleagues, and would rather work with humans then robots. If you yourself dont belive that you got in. Then that's that. You create what you see in the world. I would suggest that moving forward you remain postive about the outcome. Trying to prepare yourself for the worst, results in the worst happening.

Breath, take break, relax, no matter what happens this year, life will go on, you will figure things out. Good luck!

**** this is my last post of the day!