Summer@EPFL 2021

ntauthority

10 hours ago, Linyxus said:

Haven't got any response yet. Seems that results will be out in Feb?

The deadline is on Jan 25th, and usually they contact people within 4-6 weeks from the deadline. I know a person that has been contacted already. Personally I haven't received any response yet.

On 12/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, ntauthority said:

The deadline is on Jan 25th, and usually they contact people within 4-6 weeks from the deadline. I know a person that has been contacted already. Personally I haven't received any response yet.

So if I do not receive the email by Jan 25th, I will be rejected? Anxious about the results ...

30 minutes ago, Linyxus said:

So if I do not receive the email by Jan 25th, I will be rejected? Anxious about the results ...

Pretty much yes, actually if you don’t hear back from them in the coming 2-3 weeks you’re pretty much out of the run unfortunately :(.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 2:24 AM, Alex1237 said:

Have got an interview invitation from postdocs of the lab, pal. Hope I perform well next week. Anyone has the same or familar perference? 

Hi do you mind me asking what those interviews are like? I got an interview invitation as well. I have never done a research-related interview before and I am very nervous

14 hours ago, cloudi said:

Hi do you mind me asking what those interviews are like? I got an interview invitation as well. I have never done a research-related interview before and I am very nervous

You also choose pal? If so, don't worry. They just let you introduce your previous projects you mentioned in your cv or motivation letter and ask some questions on them. If time permitted, they will introduce what your task or work will be in the summer. Good Luck!

19 hours ago, cloudi said:

Just wanted to ask this. Did you receive the invitation yesterday? I though most of the invites are sent in December itself, and had assumed my rejection since I haven't gotten any interview invite till now.

9 hours ago, Alex1237 said:

You also choose pal? If so, don't worry. They just let you introduce your previous projects you mentioned in your cv or motivation letter and ask some questions on them. If time permitted, they will introduce what your task or work will be in the summer. Good Luck!

Thanks! (although my invitation is from GCM, but I hope the interviews are similar)

Edited by cloudi
more information

3 hours ago, AMJ9 said:

Just wanted to ask this. Did you receive the invitation yesterday? I though most of the invites are sent in December itself, and had assumed my rejection since I haven't gotten any interview invite till now.

yup i just got the invitation yesterday, good luck my dude!

Edited by cloudi
fix grammar

I had an interview sometime back, mid-December. The interview went decently well and I got an offer confirmation email from the lab I had applied to after a few days, but haven't heard anything officially from the Summer@EPFL team yet. Is there any kind of additional screening that will be done?

On 1/11/2021 at 12:09 AM, SGB123 said:

I had an interview sometime back, mid-December. The interview went decently well and I got an offer confirmation email from the lab I had applied to after a few days, but haven't heard anything officially from the Summer@EPFL team yet. Is there any kind of additional screening that will be done?

You may contact the administrator or lab managor in the lad. They will tell info you need. What I got is just an email from the professor and it told me I can join.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I am a prospective applicant for the Summer@EPFL program, for 2023, and it would be really nice if someone who got selected can share their Letter of Motivation with sensitive information blurred out, via a private message. Want to get an idea how to structure the document.

Also, is it a good idea to mention name of labs/profs. under whom we want to work in the letter? We are already supposed to fill it out during the application in the portal.