How do you take notes in class??

goaldigger97

Question

I typically hand write my notes using the traditional pen and paper. However, I am debating on switching that up whether it be getting a tablet for note-taking or some other method. If you use a tablet, which one do you use and what do you like about this method the most? If not, what other method do you use? Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, goaldigger97 said:

I typically hand write my notes using the traditional pen and paper. However, I am debating on switching that up whether it be getting a tablet for note-taking or some other method. If you use a tablet, which one do you use and what do you like about this method the most? If not, what other method do you use? Thanks in advance!

Over the years, I've become a Google Doc fanatic. The main purpose for me is to have a clean and centralized storage location, which may include notes, graphs, papers, etc. If I had drawing abilities, I would strongly consider switching to tablet, but typing has worked incredibly well for me so far. When possible, I also record all lectures. This removes certain pressures from hanging onto every detail, and you can really enjoy and take in the course. Hope this helps!

On 12/17/2020 at 2:33 AM, goaldigger97 said:

I started grad school taking all my notes by hand but it became unmanageable, particularly when I need to review my notes at the end of a course or even several semesters later. Now I use an iPad and use Notability to take my notes. Note taking apps like Notability allow you to take notes by hand or type depending on your preference. What I really like is the ability to record audio, insert videos or images, and convert hand written notes into type. It has honestly made my notes more dynamic while still being easy to search through. You can also save all your notes to your storage system of choice like Google Drive, Box, and so on.