What is considered "good" performance in quant courses to get into Harvard SM?

publichealth2

Hello all, I'm new here so my apologies if this post doesn't belong in this thread.

I applied to Harvard's SM program in global health and population. I spoke to a current professor from the department who told me the program places a heavier emphasis on quantitative skills, and the department's webpage states that: "The admissions committee looks for candidates with strong quantitative skills, as demonstrated by good performance in college-level calculus and statistics."

As part of the entry requirements for this particular program, they ask for both a calculus and a statistics course with a minimum grade of B+. I have an A- in multivariable calc and a B+ in stats so I meet the minimum criteria. But the problem is I also took linear algebra in college and got a B. I also have a B- in an intermediate level econ class (which was more theory-based but still worried that it would turn them off). I got a pretty good GRE quant score (87th percentile), but since they made the GRE optional, I'm worried they won't take it into account.

I know quant expectations vary a lot within public health by school and even department, so I'm not sure whether or not I would be considered to have "strong" quantitative skills? I know at this point it doesn't make much sense to worry but your thoughts would be very appreciated as I anxiously wait to hear back from most of my programs <3