Applying for NPSIA - Fall 2021

Bio_HUM

Question

Hi,

I am currently a Biology and Human Rights student at Carleton. I decided a few weeks ago that I will be applying to NPSIA, alongside MDS at Carleton. However, since I decided this very last minute in comparison to other applicants (I'm sure) I don't have the prereq for ECON1001/2 yet. I plan to take it during Summer 2021. I was wondering, if this will impact my application in anyway. Like whether I will be approved for 2nd round funding, instead of 1st round funding?

(As a note, I have not finished my application yet.)

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi there,

I applied to NPSIA last year and didn't have the ECON requirements ans that did not impact my application in any way. NPSIA accept students with or without the ECON requirements, but if you don't have them your offer is conditionnal upon completing said requirements before your first semester (i.e. september). A lot of students are accepted without the requirements, even in the first rounds of funding. I was accepted last year in the first round with funding and did not have the requirements, so not to worry there, they do not impact your application! 

Hope this helps!

That did help a lot! Thank you so much :)

As an additional question, I was wondering how did you go about your letter of intent? Did you highlight particular experiences, research work, or just focused on what the program can offer for your career?

On 12/31/2020 at 10:07 AM, Bio_HUM said:

That did help a lot! Thank you so much :)

As an additional question, I was wondering how did you go about your letter of intent? Did you highlight particular experiences, research work, or just focused on what the program can offer for your career?

Also NPSIA student from last year - I focused on future; you have your CV to highlight what you did - so I would recommend making it about what you will do