U Michigan Joint Program - Women’s and Gender Studies and Psychology

appliedpsyc

Did anyone here apply to this program for the Fall 2021 cycle? I haven't seen anyone post about it for the past few years. It's a small program, but I figure there have to be other applicants out there. Would love to connect and commiserate while we wait for decisions to come out!

Good luck!! I was thinking to apply there and did some research on it but didn't apply because I prefer not moving from the east coast. It's a great program and school. I hope you get in!

Hi all! I found out yesterday from admissions that I was waitlisted! I'm very excited to hear, but also hoping folks who don't want to attend will decline soon :) I wish everyone here the best of luck!

21 hours ago, dbon2113 said:

Hi all! I found out yesterday from admissions that I was waitlisted! I'm very excited to hear, but also hoping folks who don't want to attend will decline soon :) I wish everyone here the best of luck!

Hi, thanks for letting us know! Who did the email come from, and was there any other information in it? Also, would you mind DMing your POI?

On 1/16/2021 at 2:13 PM, dbon2113 said:

Congratulations! I applied to that program last year and didn't get anything except rejected :D You should be hyped.  I hope you get an offer soon!

On 1/17/2021 at 4:52 PM, dbon2113 said:

I’m sorry to hear that but thank you so much! I’m sure you’re doing awesome things!

Thank you, yes, I am very happy where I landed. Especially now when it's 70 degrees here in January compared to up north! 

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2021 at 10:27 AM, dbon2113 said:

Hey everyone, were any of you offered admission and planning on declining? (on the waitlist ?) Thanks!

A woman in my lab accepted her offer of admission to the joint program last week, under PI SG I think, if that helps