UCSD GPS 2021

LeafJuice

3 minutes ago, Skipper18542 said:

I got a separate letter sent to me about a week later. So that might also be the case for you. I do believe they are currently in spring break so they might take a bit longer to get back to you. But if they don’t by then end of the week you can try to contact them. Here is the contact for the admissions director: sonja@ucsd.edu

Thank you so much for your support and advice! I will definitely contact them. 

3 hours ago, Skipper18542 said:

Congratulations!! Especially since it is a non-resident award so it is a lot more money than us residents. You must be so proud! As you should be! 

Thank you! I am so stoked. I've spent part of today looking at housing :)

12 hours ago, Skipper18542 said:

Have you found anything good?

It's a bit harder than I expected, I should probably find a roommate or something first to bring costs down. Do you know of any admitted student groups or opportunities to connect with other people in the cohort?

9 hours ago, lilrhody said:

It's a bit harder than I expected, I should probably find a roommate or something first to bring costs down. Do you know of any admitted student groups or opportunities to connect with other people in the cohort?

I don’t really know. I’m still seeing it UChicago or UCLA will raise their offers or guarantee a TA position on my end to see where I will go. Also I am still wait listed at Duke so that might change plans if they accept me within the next week or so. But I feel as though I should begin looking at housing for UCSD. Once I make my decision (by the end of this week and beginning of the next) I’ll begin to research it more thoroughly, but I figure we will keep each other updated. I suppose we will all see each other a lot anyways if we all go to the same program. Hahaha

4 hours ago, kat25 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule for admit days next week? 

I haven’t heard anything. I actually looked online yesterday and through all the events emails that they have ever sent me but I didn’t see anything. Hopefully someone else here has info or can keep us updated. 

7 hours ago, Skipper18542 said:

I haven’t heard anything. I actually looked online yesterday and through all the events emails that they have ever sent me but I didn’t see anything. Hopefully someone else here has info or can keep us updated. 

Nothing have been received about it by email yet. However, they have mentioned 30-31 March as Admitted Student Days...additional information may appear soon

On 3/24/2021 at 3:35 AM, kat25 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule for admit days next week? 

I've just recevied an email  of Admitted Student Days.

However, I'm still waiting official decision from the grad division.(MIA Course)

* I got nominated for admission early March

"Please join us next week for our Admitted (and nominated!) Student Days."

Has anyone been officially admitted MIA Course?

1 hour ago, SurgeJeff said:

Is anyone still waiting on official confirmation from the graduate division? I was nominated for admission at the end of February. 

Me either. I'm still waiting for official decision from FEB 4th of week.

I received an email that they will have a decision end of this week.

1 hour ago, kyh91 said:

Me either. I'm still waiting for official decision from FEB 4th of week.

I received an email that they will have a decision end of this week.

Okay, I'm glad that I am not the only one. I had called the grad division office and they basically said I have to contact GPS, then I can't get a response from them. So hopefully it will be by the end of the week then. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my end. I turned down UCSD to go to UCLA's program since it was a better fit for me. I got a decent financial aid offer from UCSD, so I hope that since I turned that down that means that some of you will be able to get some extra funding come April 15th. I wish you guys the absolute best of luck. I know some of you really want to go to UCSD and a lot of you in here got in. Wish you guys all the best!! 

On 4/12/2021 at 6:44 AM, Skipper18542 said:

Update on my end. I turned down UCSD to go to UCLA's program since it was a better fit for me. I got a decent financial aid offer from UCSD, so I hope that since I turned that down that means that some of you will be able to get some extra funding come April 15th. I wish you guys the absolute best of luck. I know some of you really want to go to UCSD and a lot of you in here got in. Wish you guys all the best!! 

Congrats!!! You have finally decided for UCLA, and this a great choice...thank you so much for your encouraging words. Wishing you all the best! Hopefully, we will meet one day :) 

5 minutes ago, KatyaU said:

Congrats!!! You have finally decided for UCLA, and this a great choice...thank you so much for your encouraging words. Wishing you all the best! Hopefully, we will meet one day :) 

Thank you so much! Hopefully one day yes! 

Did you decide where you will go? 

Just now, Skipper18542 said:

Thank you so much! Hopefully one day yes! 

Did you decide where you will go? 

UCSD....?  Keeping my fingers crossed for the opportunity to travel there by Fall 2021 (and get my F-1 visa in time). Haha we will all meet in DC finally 

1 hour ago, KatyaU said:

UCSD....?  Keeping my fingers crossed for the opportunity to travel there by Fall 2021 (and get my F-1 visa in time). Haha we will all meet in DC finally 

Glad to see you are going to UCSD!! I know it was your dream so I am 100% sure you will love it. 

• 2 weeks later...