Submitting academic transcripts

Pino5

Hi guys. Most (if not all) programs I am applying to require that I submit transcripts from all colleges I attended. If for instance, I took a quarter worth of courses from University A, took an online course from University B, etc. does this mean that I will need to have these universities forward my transcripts as well? Only a couple of courses I took this way were credited towards my BA. My worries actually center on University A, which is in a foreign country. I was hoping a reference in my BA transcript would suffice. What do you guys think?

Yes, you have to submit transcripts from all of the schools you attended, even if they are online or overseas. I would ere on the side of caution and submit all of them, because if they were looking over your transcripts and saw some credit from an outside university on it, they would wonder where it is, assume your application was submitted incomplete, and move on to other applicants who submitted everything.

Edited by lily_

Contact the schools and ask. Some universities will indeed insist that you submit an official transcript for every course you ever took at an academic level. However, many others will tell you they don't care about the odd course you took at a community college you took when you were 16, or that if those courses are listed on your BA transcript then that's enough. Also, if you took a class in a foreign country not for credit, how will a school ever find out? Do what you can to obtain everything the school requires, but I personally wouldn't let such an issue stop me from applying to that school.

I was hoping PHD programs would have similar transcript requirements with my current MA program, where notations in my BA transcript were enough. Yes, I should definitely contact them about these. Thanks for the advice guys!

Some places will...for example, I studied abroad and got credit from the School for International Training in Vermont for my classes, but the notation and the grade on my home school's transcript sufficed for every school I applied to, and I didn't have to get additional transcripts from SIT. I would, like others have said, contact the schools individually.