Journalism School Waiting Game - Fall 2021

anna23

Very similar! NYU, Medill, Berkeley, USC, Georgetown. Also a few schools in the UK/EU (I am American but go to uni in the UK). How are you feeling about Medill interview? Good luck to you too!!! 

Also have you heard from Berkeley re: interview/writing tests? I know they have a massive uptick in applications this year (surely like everywhere else). I'm wondering if people are already starting to hear from them...

12 hours ago, Zb17 said:

Very similar! NYU, Medill, Berkeley, USC, Georgetown. Also a few schools in the UK/EU (I am American but go to uni in the UK). How are you feeling about Medill interview? Good luck to you too!!! 

Also have you heard from Berkeley re: interview/writing tests? I know they have a massive uptick in applications this year (surely like everywhere else). I'm wondering if people are already starting to hear from them...

Oh cool! Those are all good schools-- USC has such a good journo program and I wish I applied but it slipped my mind! I'm excited for the Medill interview but kinda anxious as well. I guess I'm just anxious in general as I wait to hear back.

I haven't heard anything from Berkeley yet which is weird because I already had a couple writing tests from other schools so I assumed Berkeley would have contacted by now as well. I think they may start contacting people in February? I'm not totally sure but I haven't heard of anyone else being contacted so far. 

I applied to Berkeley, USC, NYU, Columbia,  Northwestern Medill  and am currently in the process of applying for Boston University. i also plan to apply to Georgetown's journalism program. I haven't heard from any yet and am soo nervous. I thought Berkeley would contact this month but haven't heard anything.. been so nervous. Reassuring to hear that no one here seems to have heard back yet. Fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, tavz said:

I applied to Berkeley, USC, NYU, Columbia,  Northwestern Medill  and am currently in the process of applying for Boston University. i also plan to apply to Georgetown's journalism program. I haven't heard from any yet and am soo nervous. I thought Berkeley would contact this month but haven't heard anything.. been so nervous. Reassuring to hear that no one here seems to have heard back yet. Fingers crossed!

So strange about Berkeley right? I know they’ve got crazy crazy amounts of applicants because of the work they did with the NYT for covid coverage, and obv the covid uptick but def nerve wracking. Wonder if we’ll hear anything soon. Have you done your Medill interview? 

I actually heard from them with an interview after i wrote  this comment lol So praying it goes well! as i love their documentary program so much.  I'm sure you'll hear soon too with an interview, don't worry!  ! Nope, havent heard from medill but i applied for the second round so i dont think ill hear back yet. 

Edited by tavz

13 hours ago, tavz said:

I actually heard from them with an interview after i wrote  this comment lol So praying it goes well! as i love their documentary program so much.  I'm sure you'll hear soon too with an interview, don't worry!  ! Nope, havent heard from medill but i applied for the second round so i dont think ill hear back yet. 

Omg that's so exciting!!!! wishing you luck. Still waiting, I'm getting so nervous.. did you schedule a writing test too or is it just an interview?

14 hours ago, tavz said:

omg amazing!! congrats! good luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to keep up with all the different threads lol but I have an interview next week and didn't hear about a writing test! Wishing everybody good luck in their interviews. Also for people with Berkeley, how long is your interview supposed to be? 

Edited by Chrisehrm