HUNTER MSW FALL 2021

Ishita Islam

Question

Hello,

I saw a lot of people creating these forms and answering questions about the application process.

I submitted my application 1/31

I'm pretty sure the in-person interviews are canceled due to covid. If anyone has done zoom interviews, how was it?

My overall GPA is 3.7/ Sociology major GPA is a 3.8. Got 2 sold recommendation, but I don't have any volunteer or other experiences. What are my chances of getting in? ?

4 answers to this question

On 2/1/2021 at 12:59 AM, Ishita Islam said:

Hello,

I saw a lot of people creating these forms and answering questions about the application process.

I submitted my application 1/31

I'm pretty sure the in-person interviews are canceled due to covid. If anyone has done zoom interviews, how was it?

My overall GPA is 3.7/ Sociology major GPA is a 3.8. Got 2 sold recommendation, but I don't have any volunteer or other experiences. What are my chances of getting in? ?

when i attended the info session, they suggested people apply but try and volunteer in the field right now to have some experience. Yes there were interviews last week Wednesday and Thursday. There are also interviews this week Tuesday and Thursday. It seems there is less applicants than previous years. I believe covid has changed put a pause on things for some people.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:16 PM, Gradguy11218 said:

when i attended the info session, they suggested people apply but try and volunteer in the field right now to have some experience. Yes there were interviews last week Wednesday and Thursday. There are also interviews this week Tuesday and Thursday. It seems there is less applicants than previous years. I believe covid has changed put a pause on things for some people.

My application still says incomplete because of transcripts but i submitted it. When I called they said it will take time to change status. I haven't heard anything back yet and no email about a interview times. ?

33 minutes ago, Ishita Islam said:

My application still says incomplete because of transcripts but i submitted it. When I called they said it will take time to change status. I haven't heard anything back yet and no email about a interview times. ?

It’s still very early don’t panic. They extended deadlines to March 1st. They will probably have many interviews in March and April.