Emory GDBBS Admissions decision Thread

PlantLife

Hey guys, I am new to Gradcafe and wanted to know if anyone has received any decisions regarding admissions in Emory GDBBS programs. It will be really helpful for people like me who are stressing out with this uncertainty. Thank you all so much for your participation.

Hey! I’m new here too and I also applied at Emory to GDBBS. As I hadn’t heard from them, I just emailed them and the person said that the invitation decisions have been made but nothing is finalized. She told me that until I hear from them my application is still being considered. 

Hope this helps :) 

has anyone gotten any interview invite for GDBBS under neuroscience? I keep seeing rejections and waitlists but I'm wondering if interviews have actually been sent out? I haven't heard anything at all so idk if it's dumb to hold onto the hope that I got an interview but idk if that window has already passed and I'm just not gonna hear back for a while...

On 2/1/2021 at 3:28 PM, PlantLife said:

Hey guys, I am new to Gradcafe and wanted to know if anyone has received any decisions regarding admissions in Emory GDBBS programs. It will be really helpful for people like me who are stressing out with this uncertainty. Thank you all so much for your participation.

Hey, so i applied to the GDBBS program - BCMB . I had an initial interview around late dec but havent heard back from them about an actual interview. 

13 hours ago, alyssatipler said:

Hey, so i applied to the GDBBS program - BCMB . I had an initial interview around late dec but havent heard back from them about an actual interview. 

I have assumed the date of MMG decision according to their calendar and was right ( rejected and pretty disheartening though :(). I presume BCMB as BCDB (Biochemistry, cell and developmental biology) Is it right? If so, according to their calendar the recruitment weekend was conducted from Jan 28-30 and there is no scheduled recruitment meetings. I think they have made their decisions and communicated and If you haven't received any mail from university, it is better to wait :).

On 2/5/2021 at 12:44 PM, neuroscientistinaa said:

has anyone gotten any interview invite for GDBBS under neuroscience? I keep seeing rejections and waitlists but I'm wondering if interviews have actually been sent out? I haven't heard anything at all so idk if it's dumb to hold onto the hope that I got an interview but idk if that window has already passed and I'm just not gonna hear back for a while...

I applied to GDBBS Neuroscience and got a rejection email yesterday but a friend of mine also applied to the Neuroscience track and got an interview so it looks like they might be done sending out interview invites for now. There's probably a waitlist though?