Jump to content
  • 0

Which States are Best for Licensing?



Hi everyone! I am brand new to this forum. I got my BA in Psychology back in 2004 and am (finally) deciding to move forward in pursuing a doctorate. I live in California and a friend has informed me that attaining a license in California is different because it is not easily transferable to other states. I would like a degree that will allow me the most flexibility to move around as I am still not sure which state I would like to settle in. Does anyone have any pointers, tips, advice for me?

Thanks!! :)


Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

If you want to be in the mental health field, an LCSW is the license which will give you the easiest transportability. Psychology and counseling licensing rules vary much greater than LCSW licensing rules state to state, with counseling being the most variable of the 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use