Bay Area MSW!

nettyspaghetti

6 hours ago, hannied said:

Has anyone been declined admission from CSUEB or SJSU? I'm trying to gauge/understand what their process (and not having heard back yet) means.

Hi there, I only applied to SJSU. I was accepted into the 2 year on campus program, from the CA MSW page it looks like people started hearing back the week of March 22nd and we were given 14 days to accept or decline. I’ve talked to others who have gone through the program and it’s appears that admissions are done in waves, after they hear back from this group of who is accepting/declining they send out more acceptances. I’ve also been told that they give out admissions all the way through May 31. In the letter I received there is a save the date for June 3rd for the field placement day. Good luck and I hope you hear back soon. 

On 4/5/2021 at 11:01 AM, hannied said:

Has anyone been declined admission from CSUEB or SJSU? I'm trying to gauge/understand what their process (and not having heard back yet) means.

Hi @hannied, I haven't heard back from both schools yet. I know that CSUEB sent an email out two weeks ago to notify us that decision letters are going out over the next few weeks. From the email, it looks like there is a 2 week window for people to accept or reject the offer. Since it seems like admissions are happening in waves, they may send out another round of acceptances next week.  

I'd like to attend a school in the Bay Area, so I'm hoping to hear soon. Hoping you receive good news soon! 

5 minutes ago, CAMSW21 said:

Hi @hannied, I haven't heard back from both schools yet. I know that CSUEB sent an email out two weeks ago to notify us that decision letters are going out over the next few weeks. From the email, it looks like there is a 2 week window for people to accept or reject the offer. Since it seems like admissions are happening in waves, they may send out another round of acceptances next week.  

I'd like to attend a school in the Bay Area, so I'm hoping to hear soon. Hoping you receive good news soon! 

Thank you!! I heard back from CSUEB yesterday with a NO. :( Waiting to hear from SJSU, otherwise staying out of CA for school.

good luck to you toooo

On 4/5/2021 at 5:33 PM, SJMSW21 said:

Hi there, I only applied to SJSU. I was accepted into the 2 year on campus program, from the CA MSW page it looks like people started hearing back the week of March 22nd and we were given 14 days to accept or decline. I’ve talked to others who have gone through the program and it’s appears that admissions are done in waves, after they hear back from this group of who is accepting/declining they send out more acceptances. I’ve also been told that they give out admissions all the way through May 31. In the letter I received there is a save the date for June 3rd for the field placement day. Good luck and I hope you hear back soon. 

Hi :) congratulations on your admission! I was curious, was the letter with the save the date sent after your initial congrats letter? I received an email stating that I got accepted on Monday. But, there were no further instructions, except to accept the intent to enroll. I am a little confused on what to do next and was going to reach out to the department but, thought I would ask to see if maybe the letter came after I accepted the admission? Then I might just wait. 

1 hour ago, MSW415 said:

Hi :) congratulations on your admission! I was curious, was the letter with the save the date sent after your initial congrats letter? I received an email stating that I got accepted on Monday. But, there were no further instructions, except to accept the intent to enroll. I am a little confused on what to do next and was going to reach out to the department but, thought I would ask to see if maybe the letter came after I accepted the admission? Then I might just wait. 

Congratulations to you too! What program are you going to do? 

I received the email notifiying me of my acceptance and a link to complete the intent to enroll. I just checked it again to make sure and the save the date info is listed on the letter from the SW department. It just says to mark the date and more information will be forthcoming. 

Aside from completing the intent to enroll the only other things I have received are an email from SJSU asking that I confirm that I am accepting a spot at the school and then received notification that I had been assigned an sjsu email. Not sure if it helps but I received my acceptance on 3/26.

Just now, SJMSW21 said:

Congratulations to you too! What program are you going to do? 

I received the email notifiying me of my acceptance and a link to complete the intent to enroll. I just checked it again to make sure and the save the date info is listed on the letter from the SW department. It just says to mark the date and more information will be forthcoming. 

Aside from completing the intent to enroll the only other things I have received are an email from SJSU asking that I confirm that I am accepting a spot at the school and then received notification that I had been assigned an sjsu email. Not sure if it helps but I received my acceptance on 3/26.

Also while completing the intent to enroll I read through the more detailed instructions that included more dates as well as a reading assignment. Did you get that too? I’m not sure if you can dm on here but if so I happy to send you the links to the summer preparation links, I took screen shots of all the instructions. 

37 minutes ago, SJMSW21 said:

Also while completing the intent to enroll I read through the more detailed instructions that included more dates as well as a reading assignment. Did you get that too? I’m not sure if you can dm on here but if so I happy to send you the links to the summer preparation links, I took screen shots of all the instructions. 

Thank you soooo much for responding. I greatly appreciate it. I applied for the Advanced Standing program and the letter said I got into the program I applied to, but it didn’t actually say Advanced Standing on the letter. So I was a little confused. But I assumed that if I got rejected to the one I applied to it would have said something. But I never got the SW dept letter or the instructions :(. Maybe the information will come a few days later. Did they send you all the letters at the same time or a week apart? I did read the email address was assigned a week after the intent to enroll was submitted. 
Let me see if I can DM you :) I’m so confused lol I appreciate you responding to me!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 11:04 PM, Alyssaaa_93 said:

Has anyone heard back from CSU East Bay? I feel like they're ghosting me. I've heard no updates!

Yes I heard back on 4.22 and so did a friend. I heard they’re sending out the letters in waves. 

On 5/11/2021 at 2:02 AM, Jacquesters said:

Yes I heard back on 4.22 and so did a friend. I heard they’re sending out the letters in waves. 

I eventually heard back and was denied. But I accepted admission at my top school which I'm still in disbelief over being accepted to!

• 1 year later...