University of Colorado- Colorado Springs Clinical Psychology MA

Was emailed with an offer of admission today from UCCS. This surprised me because I had not been invited to any interviews, nor had I had exchanged more than an email or two with my POI. To complicate things, the only people I was interested in working with are now only accepting PhD students, not new MA students. 

Did anyone else get an offer like this?

I was recently offered admission to this program, too. My offer was a bit weird as well, it wasn't clear who it was from and seemed to be written with multiple people. I never had any contact with POI either prior to admission.

18 hours ago, thaitea said:

I was recently offered admission to this program, too. My offer was a bit weird as well, it wasn't clear who it was from and seemed to be written with multiple people. I never had any contact with POI either prior to admission.

Glad it's not just me that felt odd about the circumstances! I responded to my offer essentially saying "I'm thrilled but surprised as I wasn't offered any interviews."  Because I honestly thought they made a mistake. 

I've been advised that any psych faculty accepting MA students could supervise me, even if their interests differ. I don't even really know how to go about reaching out to anyone in this situation. 

Im still waiting to hear back from this program, its killing me. Was it just a random email? I haven't been in contact with anyone yet from the school, the only email I've gotten so far was just the update of status after the deadline..

Hi,

I also got an admission email to this program. I was surprised there was no interview process, maybe they changed it with COVID? I was told to reach out to possible mentors and get an idea of the research they are doing. I have reached out to about six faculty members and three of them were accepting Master students and I will be meeting with them within the week. Just send an email to every faculty that has the same research interests as you!