Haven't heard anything.... (Physics PhD Fall 21)

fiziks__

Hey guys, I applied to a number of programs in physics for fall 2021 (UChicago, UO, UCLA, UIUC) along with (Applied Physics, Northwestern) and (College of Optical Sciences, University of Arizona). I think I was a middle of the road applicant (3.26 GPA from Reed College) with a lot of research experience (undergrad thesis in quantum optics, Mat.Sci. paper published in Nat. Comm.) and three recommenders, all from research positions, willing to sing my praises. I graduated in 2020 and applied for 2021 so I could focus on my undergraduate thesis. Now im working as an electron microscopist in a semiconductor plant. I spoke to POIs at UChicago, UCLA, UIUC, and NW and attended the Winter School at UA in 2019 where I had a chance to speak with many professors. I emailed professors from UO and UA but never heard back. I didn't take any standardized test because of COVID. I got denied from UChicago, and haven't heard anything from anywhere else. Anyone else waiting it out? Anything you suggest doing to make it easier?

best, fiziks_.

Edited by fiziks__

• fiziks__ changed the title to Haven't heard anything.... (Physics PhD Fall 21)
  • 2 weeks later...