Materials Science & Engineering Fall 2021 Applicant Thread

TraceJ13

Hi everyone!

I didn't see a thread for this year's materials science applicants, so I decided to create one to discuss acceptances, research interests, and all of the different programs people are applying to. I am interested in energy materials with specific applications to energy storage or fuel cells. I applied to PhD programs at University of Chicago Molecular Engineering, Northwestern, UPenn, Drexel, UMich, University of Illinois at Chicago, and Yale. I also applied to a master's program at Illinois Institute of Technology. So far I have only heard back from University of Chicago where I was rejected.

Anyway, feel free to respond and talk about how the application cycle is treating you so I don't feel like the only neurotic low-life out here

I also applied to Materials Science PhD programs but I am interested more in nano/biomaterials for drug delivery applications. I have yet to hear back from UPenn, BU, Minnesota, and Duke. I'm getting nervous as I haven't received any acceptances yet. I'm applying straight from undergrad with a BS in Physics and I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do job-wise if I don't get in this cycle ?

• 1 month later...