Which programs are strong in critical pedagogy with no GRE requirement?

Which programs are strong in critical pedagogy, particularly those that don't require the GRE?

I am interested in the general intersection of politics, society, and education with a particular focus (potential research interests) in the politics of neutralisation within schools, the neutralisation of the political in a fundamentally political institution, teaching as a political act, critiques of standards/standardisation/standardised testing, and related themes and topics. Think Michael Apple, Paulo Freire, Michel Foucault, and so on.

Would rather not consider programs that require the GRE as I am not only against the GRE / standardised testing for ideological reasons, there are other quality (non-education) programs I am looking at that don't require the GRE.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, SpracheSpielsOverReals said:

Which programs are strong in critical pedagogy, particularly those that don't require the GRE?

I am interested in the general intersection of politics, society, and education with a particular focus (potential research interests) in the politics of neutralisation within schools, the neutralisation of the political in a fundamentally political institution, teaching as a political act, critiques of standards/standardisation/standardised testing, and related themes and topics. Think Michael Apple, Paulo Freire, Michel Foucault, and so on.

Would rather not consider programs that require the GRE as I am not only against the GRE / standardised testing for ideological reasons, there are other quality (non-education) programs I am looking at that don't require the GRE.

Currently a UIUC Ed student and they have focus who definitely focus on this kind of stuff—GRE optional