medical science degrees, but not an MD?

neuronerd65

My longterm career goal is to pursue research (PhD), but for my own personal enjoyment I would like to learn more about medical science topics (i.e. anatomy, pharmacology... things you would probably study in med school). Since I don't want to be a practicing doctor, I am not committed to pursuing an MD or MD/PhD. I figure if I am interested enough to spend the time teaching myself some these concepts, I should see if there are degree-granting programs that I could take part in. 

A pharmD isn't quite what I'm looking for; a masters in cell or molecular biology would be what I studied already in undergrad. I found Masters of Medical Sciences which seems interesting, but it seems they are only meant for students who apply to med schools (would it be possible to attend if I don't apply for an MD?)

Are there any other degree options where a student could learn the basics of medical sciences, but without committing to becoming a practicing doctor? 

There are biomedical science PhD programs too! Look into ones that offer broad medical science programs, there are ones like BCM DDMT I know you have the option to take classes on various organ systems