Columbia Journalism School 2021/22

ggnr

I really believe that we should expect to hear back about the decision by mid-March. 15th is a Monday, so I think we can expect to hear responses from that date..

I'm soooo nervous! I want to throw up ahhhh I need to know 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, ggnr said:

Exactly!

My friend who is currently in the MS program didn't have an interview. BUT I JUST WANT TO HEAR BACK ALREADY! I only applied to Columbia and NYU. I got a call from NYU last week giving me my 'unofficial' acceptance which is super exciting!!! But I haven't gotten my official acceptance from them, and have heard nothing from Columbia. It's killing me! I've been refreshing my stupid inbox like 60x a day for the last few days because they send they send out acceptances mid-March.

3 minutes ago, MissWorld19 said:

My friend who is currently in the MS program didn't have an interview. BUT I JUST WANT TO HEAR BACK ALREADY! I only applied to Columbia and NYU. I got a call from NYU last week giving me my 'unofficial' acceptance which is super exciting!!! But I haven't gotten my official acceptance from them, and have heard nothing from Columbia. It's killing me! I've been refreshing my stupid inbox like 60x a day for the last few days because they send they send out acceptances mid-March.

I'm in Brazil (2 hours ahead of NY time) refreshing my inbox like crazy since the early morning... But to be honest, I'm not sure if we will hear from them today.

Idk why, I think maybe on Wednesday! I'm also refreshing the New Student Information page all the time!!!

20 minutes ago, SRA said:

Hey, Does any one have info about how many students are admitted for each M.A. concentration? Also, have more students applied for the M.A. program as compared to previous years?

Would love to know, no idea...

22 minutes ago, Jrjourno said:

The page just changed to say 2021-2022!! Does anyone know what time they would notify us about decisions(morning or night?)

Already 5PM here... Guessing (sadly) we prob won't hear until tomorrow or even Thurs/Fri :(:(

3 minutes ago, MissWorld19 said:

GUYS I DIDNT GET AN EMAIL BUT I WENT TO MY APPLICATION PORTAL AND DECISION IS THERE!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to share what program you got into - MA/MS, what concentration?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Care to share what program you got into - MA/MS, what concentration?

Of course, I got into the M.A. program, Arts & Culture concentration! I saw people above saying decisions would go out when that page was updated, so I checked my e-mail. I didn't have anything and decided on a whim to check the portal. When I got there, it said there was an update to my application and I clicked it and confetti shot everywhere and it was my acceptance!!!

Just now, MissWorld19 said:

Of course, I got into the M.A. program, Arts & Culture concentration! I saw people above saying decisions would go out when that page was updated, so I checked my e-mail. I didn't have anything and decided on a whim to check the portal. When I got there, it said there was an update to my application and I clicked it and confetti shot everywhere and it was my acceptance!!!

Oh hell yeah, confetti! Love this for you! Congratulations.

I applied to the MA as well, but for politics. Still waiting to hear back. So excited for you though and living through your joy for now. xx 

Just now, hippo said:

Oh hell yeah, confetti! Love this for you! Congratulations.

I applied to the MA as well, but for politics. Still waiting to hear back. So excited for you though and living through your joy for now. xx 

Thank you so much! I'm rooting for you!!!! Hoping you get an update soon!