Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NIH PREP 2021-2022 Applicants unite


andykins419
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thanks! I was just wondering bc I was lurking on the past year(s) and it seemed a little weird bc of COVID, wondering if it would realistic to expect no interview lol a bit worried I guess. Where did everyone apply?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2021 at 6:07 PM, MxlM said:

Thanks! I was just wondering bc I was lurking on the past year(s) and it seemed a little weird bc of COVID, wondering if it would realistic to expect no interview lol a bit worried I guess. Where did everyone apply?

 

 

I did Harvards RSI, Hopkins, Davis, Yale, Maryland, UNC, MIT, and will be applying for OHSU, Rochester, and Michigan. 

I didn't get any interviews for grad school so I might have gone a little crazy with applying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, Angel_ said:

 

I did Harvards RSI, Hopkins, Davis, Yale, Maryland, UNC, MIT, and will be applying for OHSU, Rochester, and Michigan. 

I didn't get any interviews for grad school so I might have gone a little crazy with applying. 

Yeah I feel that - a lot of the programs I was looking at didn’t take applications this round so I went crazy on post-bacc apps and fellowships so I can keep up with next round. Im scared I won’t get in anywhere since this upcoming fall will be my first time in grad apps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to have found this chat. 

I applied to the programs at UNC Chapel Hill, University of Kansas, and IUPUI. Has anyone heard from these programs? I'm also thinking about applying to Michigan's program. 

I got a message from a professor at IUPUI asking to meet later this week to discuss their lab and research. Is this my interview? I'm excited to have heard from someone with the program but confused because I never heard from the program director/coordinator or anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MxlM said:

Just heard back from UVAs Bridge to the Doctorate :( denied

Hi MxIM, Sending far away hugs your way. Don't get discouraged. Sometimes things take longer to achieve than we would like and that can be very frustrating. Let the feeling of rejection have its moment, like every emotion should. Just try to not let it linger too long. We are so much more than what is considered a "good fit" at competitive programs like PREP and Bridge to Doc. You have this stranger cheering you on. xoxo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I am so happy I found this years forum! I was still looking at the one from last year and I feel like this year might have its own unique set of challenges.

I applied to UW PREP, Tufts PREP, University of Maryland/ STAR-PREP, UPenn PREP, University of Chicago, and Boston University.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, andykins419 said:

Hi MxIM, Sending far away hugs your way. Don't get discouraged. Sometimes things take longer to achieve than we would like and that can be very frustrating. Let the feeling of rejection have its moment, like every emotion should. Just try to not let it linger too long. We are so much more than what is considered a "good fit" at competitive programs like PREP and Bridge to Doc. You have this stranger cheering you on. xoxo

Make that two strangers :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2021 at 11:58 AM, Ariana_D said:

Hi guys!

I applied to UW but still haven't heard back. Wondering if I should send a follow up email but I'm scared of jinxing myself...

I also applied to UW too and have not heard back. I just assumed I got rejected because their application was one of the first ones due earlier in the year. I will probably email them soon just to make sure though and try to keep you posted!

Edited by Potato4.2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I applied to Brown PREP, Tufts PREP, Einsten PREP, Mt. Sinai PREP, UPenn PREP, UChicago PREP, and BU PREP. I interviewed with Brown over two weeks ago and haven't heard back, which I don't think is a good sign. I just interviewed with Penn and got an offer, which is very exciting, but I don't think I'll hear back from anyone besides Brown before they need my decision. I just got an interview offer for Mt. Sinai, but I decided to withdraw my application since I won't have a decision back from them either before I need to answer Penn, and I don't want to decline Penn unless I have another offer to fall back on. It's just very frustrating that these decisions will all be coming in over a long period of time, and these programs need answers pretty quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, adaequatiointellectusetrei said:

Has anyone heard back from Yale PREP about interviews yet? 

no but looking through the other threads for the NIH-PREP it looks like Yale emails typically go out in the middle of April based on the posts I'm seeing over the last 3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

  I'm the program coordinator for the University of Kansas PREP. Just wanted to let you all know that KU-PREP is still accepting applications and we are just getting rolling on interviews. You can learn more about our program at prep.ku.edu. Feel free to email me (denning [at] ku [dot] edu) with any questions you have about KU-PREP. Best of luck with interviews! -Kathy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2021 at 4:22 PM, mh11608 said:

Hi everyone! I applied to Brown PREP, Tufts PREP, Einsten PREP, Mt. Sinai PREP, UPenn PREP, UChicago PREP, and BU PREP. I interviewed with Brown over two weeks ago and haven't heard back, which I don't think is a good sign. I just interviewed with Penn and got an offer, which is very exciting, but I don't think I'll hear back from anyone besides Brown before they need my decision. I just got an interview offer for Mt. Sinai, but I decided to withdraw my application since I won't have a decision back from them either before I need to answer Penn, and I don't want to decline Penn unless I have another offer to fall back on. It's just very frustrating that these decisions will all be coming in over a long period of time, and these programs need answers pretty quickly.

Update: Just got accepted to Brown too! If anyone has any personal experience or insight into either Penn or Brown that could help me make a decision please let me know!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2021 at 11:04 AM, Potato4.2 said:

I also applied to UW too and have not heard back. I just assumed I got rejected because their application was one of the first ones due earlier in the year. I will probably email them soon just to make sure though and try to keep you posted!

That's what I was thinking too..please keep me updated! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ariana_D said:

That's what I was thinking too..please keep me updated! 

Yeah, I did email and they said that they already sent out offers so if you have not heard back, then that probably means our applications were not accepted :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.