UCLA Luskin 2021

39 minutes ago, lmappers said:

I didn't receive any funding at first, then after sending offers from other schools got revised $7.5k. With in-state tuition and partial tuition remission for teaching assistants, seems like the most affordable option for me.

That’s exactly the same offer that they gave me. Issue is that from my understanding TAships are not guaranteed so it’s not certain that we will receive anything. UCSD is offering a far better deal at least for me than UCLA is. Any thoughts on their MPP program? 

1 minute ago, Skipper18542 said:

That’s exactly the same offer that they gave me. Issue is that from my understanding TAships are not guaranteed so it’s not certain that we will receive anything. UCSD is offering a far better deal at least for me than UCLA is. Any thoughts on their MPP program? 

True! I really haven't heard much regarding UCSD's program

Hey everyone, does anyone know when they will release fellowship awards? In my letter I was nominated for a certain fellowship but have since not heard anything. My decision is pretty dependent on cost so I can't really consider Luskin until I they release decisions.

On 3/25/2021 at 11:19 AM, Kaz_KV said:

Hey everyone, does anyone know when they will release fellowship awards? In my letter I was nominated for a certain fellowship but have since not heard anything. My decision is pretty dependent on cost so I can't really consider Luskin until I they release decisions.

The director told me that if you don’t receive it on your letter to just email them to clear up any issues 

On 3/24/2021 at 9:26 AM, lmappers said:

I didn't receive any funding at first, then after sending offers from other schools got revised $7.5k. With in-state tuition and partial tuition remission for teaching assistants, seems like the most affordable option for me.

I think TA positions is just for second years though. Not for the first. I got $7,500 as well which I think is bad compared to UCSD’s offer ($11,400). I am trying to raise my UCSD offer but UCLA seems stingy 

• 2 weeks later...