MSW Laurier Part-Time Fall 2021

CD Calgary

Hi everyone! Has anyone applied for the MSW online program at Wilfrid Laurier this fall? If so , when are they going to send offers/decline letters? Thanks!

Hey, I'm thinking of applying for the January start date. I spoke with an advisor yesterday and learnt that the program is mostly asynchronous learning, which was disappointing. 

Do you know anything about this or what the program's online learning is like?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 2:35 AM, VictoriaMSWhopeful said:

I’ve also applied for the online advanced standing Msw program through Laurier for fall 2021. Haven’t heard anything yet... trying not to lose hope after reading through some of these forums ? lol

It’s a dreadful wait. Someone posted that we may not hear until end of May / start of June :(

On 06/03/2021 at 1:16 PM, n00name_ said:

Hey, I'm thinking of applying for the January start date. I spoke with an advisor yesterday and learnt that the program is mostly asynchronous learning, which was disappointing. 

Do you know anything about this or what the program's online learning is like?

I'm currently 2 semesters away from completing the non-BSW online program. It is mostly asynchronous which is useful for busy people because you have a week to do each module on your own time. There is some group work at times where you meet by zoom or Google meet or whatever platform you prefer. Every course has a discussion board you're required to post and respond to. It does require commitment and organization and isn't for everyone, but as a parent who works full-time the asynchronous learning has really worked for me. Some of the courses have written "lectures" and some profs have recorded videos of lectures for the students to watch. The program is still very insightful and engaging even being delivered asynchronously. 

19 hours ago, VictoriaMSWhopeful said:

I think that was me (posted it in the msw2021 forum ?)! Yes it was dissapointing to hear that... trying to just not think about it now lol 

Oh! ?? was it admissions that told you? When I emailed they gave me a very vague answer “Please visit our Application Checklist page for the decision target dates.  We are not able to provide a “specific date”.  Decisions may be made earlier or later than expected and will be sent electronically to the email address provided at time of application.” ?