UC San Diego Ethnic Studies 2021

I got an offer at my top choice institution, so I will not be attending UC San Diego, but if I hear anything I will absolutely let you guys know! I know how awful the wait is, and I hope you all get some peace soon! 

Hi, everyone. I was tired of waiting so I send an email to teh department and they answered "We hope to have final decisions within the next 10 days." Which feels like an eternity to me haha. Good luck with the wait !

On 3/9/2021 at 2:37 AM, gaelamisocio said:

Hi, everyone. I was tired of waiting so I send an email to the department and they answered "We hope to have final decisions within the next 10 days." Which feels like an eternity to me haha. Good luck with the wait !

Damn, they’re pushing up awful close against that April 15th deadline! 

Does the commenter who posted the waitlist status with “IGNORE WAITLIST STATUS] have heard from source that admit day has already happened, so safe to say if you haven't heard you're either rejected or waitlisted.”  have any additional context to this comment? Or can anyone else confirm they have gotten in? I was surprised to see this and for the rest of us still waiting - I really hope this source is incorrect... Nonetheless, good luck to everyone - hope ya’ll are hanging in there :) 

I was also really surprised by this. The email I received last week said "we hope to have our final decision in ten days". In my experience admission committees answer honestly to emails about admission results, it seems crazy to me that they would tell me the decisions have not been made if the admits week-end has already taken place...But maybe this is just wishful thinking. 

7 hours ago, hopefulghost said:

Does the commenter who posted the waitlist status with “IGNORE WAITLIST STATUS] have heard from source that admit day has already happened, so safe to say if you haven't heard you're either rejected or waitlisted.”  have any additional context to this comment? Or can anyone else confirm they have gotten in? I was surprised to see this and for the rest of us still waiting - I really hope this source is incorrect... Nonetheless, good luck to everyone - hope ya’ll are hanging in there :)

I can’t find this post was it deleted? I haven’t heard of a single person who has been accepted yet so I would still hold out. 

22 minutes ago, gaelamisocio said:

I was also really surprised by this. The email I received last week said "we hope to have our final decision in ten days". In my experience admission committees answer honestly to emails about admission results, it seems crazy to me that they would tell me the decisions have not been made if the admits week-end has already taken place...But maybe this is just wishful thinking. 

No I totally agree! I don’t think they would lie. In my undergrad experience the Ethnic Studies department is filled witch the most kind people! I know that doesn’t necessarily make a difference to admissions but I’m holding more weight towards that email than the anon source based on the facts so far. So the 10 days message does give me some hope too!

I also don’t want to put any truth to the other waitlist comment or to cause worry to others until I either hear someone else has actually gotten in already or if that person could come forward and tell us a little more... (and even then they may be wrong!)

I’d like to think they’re taking a while because they’re pushing for more funding to accept more of us. It’s so hard but let’s all not give up just yet, friends! :) 

Mine is blank as well

6 hours ago, aa11 said:

I didn’t get an email response but my application portal is blank today so maybe that’s a sign a decision is being uploaded