Duke Sanford 2021

Got an acceptance call from Duke on Sunday morning at 11am PST, was surprised that they called over the weekend, but they're planning to send the emails sometime this week on Tuesday or Wednesday. Person on the call was a student ambassador and she was brilliant and so friendly. Anyone else heard back from Duke? Curious what sort of FinAid I get! 

Some of us have been posting in the Duke thread in the "Waiting it Out" subsection, but I imagine they'll migrate to this thread now that acceptances are rolling out. I was surprised they called over the weekend too. Hoping for a good offer! 

11 minutes ago, policykid10 said:

So is it that we should get emails today and the portal updated tomorrow? 

Since they have been making calls the past few days to domestic applicants, I don't think we will get an email until the portal is updated with results + funding info. 

Just got an email from Duke with 34k in funding (over 2 years), two 4k assistantships, and 2.5k stipend for summer internship funding. Fingers crossed y'all get some great financial aid too!

Edited by joshyboy

Just got the email. 25k in funding/year, plus 4k each for two assistantships in the middle two semesters and up to a 2500 stipend for a summer internship. I assume those last two components are standard for everyone.

9 hours ago, Argentina said:

Congrats to all the accepted ones! Just to be clear, are you all US applicants?

Did any international student receive an update?

Yes, I did. Got an acceptance email with fellowship information yesterday. Hope you get the news soon. 

17 hours ago, mppapplicant2021 said:

Got the call this weekend and then got an email today -- funding is $33k per year, two $4k assistantships, and $2.5k internship funding!

Congrats to you! I got a similar package - $25K per year, two $4k assistantships, and $2.5k internship funding. Do you think you will accept the offer? I am still waiting to hear back from Goldman MPP (it is my top choice) but am not sure about my chances.

Hi, is there anyone with low undergrad GPA? My GPA comes around at 2.8-3 when converted from the Indian percentage system. I got a feeling while applying that Sanford gives considerable weightage to the undergrad score as they asked us for conversion and all which no other school did. Also, on their site they mentioned GPA range as 3.2-3.8. I have relevant work-ex of 5 years with GRE is 327 and have been waitlisted. Just anxious about what might happen in other decisions. Any thoughts?

Okay I got 37.5k but it says "which will be disbursed in equal installments each semester in which Sanford is your home institution/school and you are in good academic standing" are y'all interpreting that as per year or for the entire two years? I read it as for all four semester of the program so each semester being a little over 9k. Am I misinterpreting?