Deferring Grad School

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here has any insight regarding the likelihood of a grad program allowing you to defer your admission for a year. Shortly after submitting my apps this cycle, I got the surprising (but HAPPY!!) news that I am pregnant. I am due at the beginning of Aug and most programs start soon after. I am afraid I will be physically unable to start a grad program by then. I got into a few programs and am waitlisted for a few. 

Anyway, just wondering if anyone here has deferred, attempted to, or knows anyone who did. 

I deferred last year, but I ended up applying to a few other programs and will be attending somewhere else. It really depends on the school! I would suggest talking to the coordinator for your program and explaining your situation. Good luck and congrats!!

19 hours ago, heyheyhey42 said:

I deferred last year, but I ended up applying to a few other programs and will be attending somewhere else. It really depends on the school! I would suggest talking to the coordinator for your program and explaining your situation. Good luck and congrats!!

Thanks for the insight! I know policy differs from program to program. I guess I'm just worried about the programs I'm waitlisted at. If I got off the waitlist, I'd rather attend there than the ones I've been admitted to, but I likely wouldn't even find out until after the 4/15 deadline.