Ecology, Evolution, Environment and Society (EEES) - Dartmouth

Mom0

Hi! I was waitlisted and then admitted to the Ecology, Evolution, Environment, and Society program at Dartmouth.

Has someone else here been admitted to the EEES program?

hi @Mom0 congrats! I am currently waitlisted for EEES, hoping there's still a chance for me to get off the waitlist. If you don't mind my asking, how long did you have to wait for the offer from when you were waitlisted? Also, are you planning on accepting the offer?

Hi @CooperSlyI waited for a week. And I did accept the offer.  Hang in there! You still have a chance to get in. I know sometimes it takes longer, and everything is possible until April 15th. 

@Mom0Thanks for the words of encouragement! I've waited this long, so might as well hunker down for another month, right? Just another question (if you feel comfortable answering): do you know whether your offer was dependent on someone else declining or your advisor getting funding? Basically trying to figure out how the waitlist works here. 

Hoping you can get some well-deserved rest and celebrate your achievement. 

@CooperSlyIn my case, it did depend on someone else declining the offer. But I'm not sure if that is the case for everyone. I know my advisor doesn't have external funding right now, and she wasn't waiting for any results. 

Thank you!! I'm still a little shocked. Let me know if I can help out with any other concerns. I know this experience is overwhelming and ambiguous :):