Will my offer be rescinded for not completing (another) master's?

GeorgeA13

I applied to a grad school in fall and at the time of applying I was enrolled in another (not very relevant) master's program. In my application, I said that I will be completing that master's this year (as I was expecting at the time). I ended up withdrawing from that master's program (was not very interested and struggled with the online classes) but now I am very worried that my offer of admission will be rescinded when I send them the official transcripts that show my withdrawal and not so great GPA (3.25) for the master's they thought I would be getting. The program does not require having a master's to get in but it is a top school (#1 in my field).

Is that a likely scenario or am I overthinking it? Should I notify them of not completing the master's and explain the reasons? Or just send them the official transcripts (which I have to do) and see if they bring it up?

I think you should definitely let them know. You will have to submit the transcripts anyway. I have no idea how it would affect your admissions status since it is a Master's degree program, but comparing it to undergraduate work is it possible (although I am not sure how likely) that an offer can be rescinded based on a significant deterioration in performance in the latter half of one's senior year.

What was your GPA in the Master's program at the time you applied?