Does anyone regret leaving / staying in SLP?

vision4tmrw

Hi all! 

So, I graduated with my bachelors in 2019 in Philosophy. I knew I wanted to get my masters, so I was debating between SPED and SLP. I liked what I heard about SLP so I started taking prereqs for the programs I was looking into. However, I was halfway done when suddenly it just didn't interest me anymore. I was unhappy in life at the time which did not help my interest levels. I chalked it up to not being passionate about SLP and dropped out. I then decided to try out SPED programs. I got a part time job as paraeducator so I can get a feel for what i'd be learning about in school...and I've discovered that being a SPED teacher isn't for me. Its very ABA based and working on behavior doesn't interest me.

I regret not sticking with the SLP classes and ride it out till the end to have made a decision. Did anyone else have a similar situation in which they regret dropping out? Is anyone regretting their decision in staying with SLP?