samvid scholars?

Same. I'm trying to find some more info on the org or people behind it, but so far have only found posts on different university scholarship pages and, of course, this thread.

Edit: seems to be a component of the Desai Sethi Foundation in Detroit. Can't speak to that foundation at all, but I found a LinkedIn page for Samvid.

Seems new, for sure, but nothing egregiously suspicious I don't think. It's a huge fellowship, though, so I'm sure they're going to have a massive pool of applications.

Edited by macrobrewing
New info

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, legradgal said:

April 20 just a few hours before the deadline! Do you think that affects things?

No just asking because I applied by the deadline too and haven’t heard back. I was wondering if they were getting back to people who may have applied earlier. You got this, no sweat!! 

3 minutes ago, Jackrowe said:

No just asking because I applied by the deadline too and haven’t heard back. I was wondering if they were getting back to people who may have applied earlier. You got this, no sweat!! 

Thanks you’re so kind ☺️☺️ Super curious about how many people they selected as finalists/ they will give interviews to and how many will be selected as scholars. I wish there was more information!

Edited by legradgal

8 minutes ago, legradgal said:

Thanks you’re so kind ☺️☺️ Super curious about how many people they selected as finalists/ they will give interviews to and how many will be selected as scholars. I wish there was more information!

Yeah, I wonder how large the finalists pool is as well, and from what I’ve seen on their website they will select 20 scholars 

• 2 weeks later...