UChicago MAPSS funding?

qinqini

Hi everyone! I just accepted my offer for the MAPSS program at the University of Chicago with a psych concentration. Tuition is $60k and they have given me 1/3 funding. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how/where to find more financial aid? I am coming directly out of undergrad from a much smaller state and am having a rough time finding some. Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!

Hi Qinqini,

You should try to glean more funding from them. This is a cashcow program for them, designed to collect coins from promising grad students who haven’t gotten into PhD programs.

they tried to let me in with half funding a few years back, and then when I told them I was accepting a PhD offer, emailed back to cast doubt on the quality of the PhD program, even though it was one of the programs they advertised their students had been admitted to in the past.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, LetsGetThisBread said:

Hi Qinqini,

You should try to glean more funding from them. This is a cashcow program for them, designed to collect coins from promising grad students who haven’t gotten into PhD programs.

they tried to let me in with half funding a few years back, and then when I told them I was accepting a PhD offer, emailed back to cast doubt on the quality of the PhD program, even though it was one of the programs they advertised their students had been admitted to in the past.

Hi! Yeah I am definitely feeling that sentiment right now, I emailed a their offices about additional funding but only got very vague replies. They sent me an email saying I got additional funding so I accepted their offer but it turned out to be the same scholarship, just named differently in the email ? Thanks for your response btw, I'm glad that im not crazy for thinking they aren't offering enough aid.

• 5 months later...