Portland State University (PSU) vs Pacific University Post-Bacc Programs?

Hello! I'm looking at both Portland State University and Pacific University (Forest Grove) for SLP Post-Baccalaureate programs (non-CSD major, planning to apply to 2-year grad schools). I've looked at some threads on here comparing the two, but haven't seen anything very recent. Is anyone in those programs who can give some insight?

There are several factors that will affect my decision. For example, I'm leaning toward Pacific U academically because I read some posts about some great professors moving there from the PSU program, and I would expect smaller class sizes there. But I'm also limited by cost (out-of-state student who will hopefully be assisted by aid through FAFSA) and whether I can get a part-time job while doing the program. I would rather do in-person classes because I don't think I learn as well online. ? But of course, I would take any advice on this as well.

Also, where I live is part of the question. I'm moving to the area after living overseas for the past few years. My current plan is to live with my friends near Downtown Portland, which is honestly a very convenient walk to PSU. It would be about a 30-minute commute over to Pacific U, but it would be going against traffic both ways. Has anyone done this commute/is it worth it?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently in the PSU Post-Bacc program.  I like the program and the professors are wonderful.  My experience might not be typical since most of my time in the program has been spent during Covid, and therefore online.  I did complete one term in-person.  

I will be starting the Masters program at Pacific in the fall and so far I have been impressed with all the professors and staff associated with the program.  

I haven't done the commutes so I can't really comment on that.  The cost difference between the two programs is significant and I would fully look in to that before attending.