KAUST PhD application Fall 2021

Eleonora

Hi everyone,

In January, I have applied for a PhD in Marine Science at KAUST for Fall 2021. I've already had my academic interview on the 16th February and my personal interview on the 24th March. The admission staff told me that there might be a second personal interview but I haven't heard any news since then.

I would like to know how long does it usually take for the whole procedure and when I will likely receive an answer, either positive or negative. 

Thank you for your help! 

Eleonora

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:54 PM, Eleonora said:

Hi everyone,

In January, I have applied for a PhD in Marine Science at KAUST for Fall 2021. I've already had my academic interview on the 16th February and my personal interview on the 24th March. The admission staff told me that there might be a second personal interview but I haven't heard any news since then.

I would like to know how long does it usually take for the whole procedure and when I will likely receive an answer, either positive or negative. 

Thank you for your help! 

Eleonora

They take their sweet time always ^^'

I applied on Nov and my 2nd interview in next week

I heared that final decitions usually come at the end of May-June, but I hope you get an offer soon :)

On 4/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, Tatiana Castillo said:

Hello,

I am applying for a Master. I had my last personal interview on April, 4th, and still I don't get any final decision from them. 

Can you give me advices about the personal interview? How it was and what they asked you etc...

My interview is next week and I'm nervous X(

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2021 at 3:05 PM, Hadieh said:

Can you give me advices about the personal interview? How it was and what they asked you etc...

My interview is next week and I'm nervous X(

Hi, though you may have already given your interview. I did give mine as well.
Can you please update us about any offer made since then? This may help us to anticipate when we may probably receive our offer letters (either acceptance or rejection).
Thanks.

hello Eleonora, Tatiana CastilloHadieh, and Abdul Waris,

Actually, I am applying for a PhD and have several interview until now, last one was in May and until now I did not hear anything back from them.

In fact I start to receive acceptance from other universities, however, I would really love to work with certain professors in KAUST, that's why I am so patient.

It will be great if once you hear from them to let us know, and I am gonna do the same as well.

I really hope we gonna hear +ve news from KAUST soon.

On 6/4/2021 at 6:32 PM, Abdul Waris said:

Hi, though you may have already given your interview. I did give mine as well.
Can you please update us about any offer made since then? This may help us to anticipate when we may probably receive our offer letters (either acceptance or rejection).
Thanks.

Hi, I had my 3rd and final interview on 27 May 2021. it was pretty much the same as the previous one (personal interview about what I've done so far, what my family do, my interests and my future goals). 

since then still no updates, but I heard that it takes about a month after the last interview to recieve a result (+ve or -ve).

19 hours ago, MCQ said:

hello Eleonora, Tatiana CastilloHadieh, and Abdul Waris,

Actually, I am applying for a PhD and have several interview until now, last one was in May and until now I did not hear anything back from them.

In fact I start to receive acceptance from other universities, however, I would really love to work with certain professors in KAUST, that's why I am so patient.

It will be great if once you hear from them to let us know, and I am gonna do the same as well.

I really hope we gonna hear +ve news from KAUST soon.

I hope so too :) 

I'll let you know once I recieve an email from them.

All the best everyone.

Actually, I have just found that KAUST still accepting applications on a space-available basis!
I don't know really what does it means? do you guys have any clue?

On 6/9/2021 at 2:39 AM, MCQ said:

Actually, I have just found that KAUST still accepting applications on a space-available basis!
I don't know really what does it means? do you guys have any clue?

Hey hi.

That means that anybody can apply to Kaust even when all deadlines have finished.

Regards

Can somebody explain to me the interview process for PhD in Bioscience?

How many are there?

I already did an informal interview with my prospective PI, and he told me now my application is with the Admin/Students affair department and that I should expect to be contacted soon.

Any idea what I should expect?

7 hours ago, doombirb said:

How many are there?

I already did an informal interview with my prospective PI, and he told me now my application is with the Admin/Students affair department and that I should expect to be contacted soon.

Hi, 

Would you please expound upon the 'informal interview' with the PI? If you mean an academic interview then, you are left with an interview with the admissions section only; which would simply be a conversation wherein they would ask you about your personal life like interests, how do you feel about relocating to Saudi Arabia, occupation of your parents, your hobbies, etc. 

20 hours ago, doombirb said:

How many are there?

Hi doombirb,
Wish you best of luck first of all.
Usually there are three interviews:

1st- Technical with your prospective supervisor (perhaps including some of his/her research group members as well) (between 15 - 45 minuets).
2nd- HR interview (between 10 - 20 minuets)
3rd- Final HR interview (between 15 - 25 minuets)

Have you already submitted your application including all required documents like the English test scores and the three recommendation letters?

On 6/8/2021 at 4:10 AM, Hadieh said:

Hi, I had my 3rd and final interview on 27 May 2021. it was pretty much the same as the previous one (personal interview about what I've done so far, what my family do, my interests and my future goals). 

since then still no updates, but I heard that it takes about a month after the last interview to recieve a result (+ve or -ve).

I hope so too :) 

I'll let you know once I recieve an email from them.

All the best everyone.

It does not really seems to receive a feedback after just one month because I have completed all my final interview almost 2 months ago already.
However, I tend to choose always the earliest possible time for interview slots.

2 hours ago, MCQ said:

1st- Technical with your prospective supervisor (perhaps including some of his/her research group members as well) (between 15 - 45 minuets).

I had my first HR interview for 15-25 minutes
and then the final HR interview for approximately 10 minutes. ?

15 hours ago, MCQ said:

It does not really seems to receive a feedback after just one month because I have completed all my final interview almost 2 months ago already.
However, I tend to choose always the earliest possible time for interview slots.

I donno how long they're gonna take to notify us, I was told by former students it takes about a month, but not sure. I hope no later than June x(

We've waited for so long already :( 

On 6/12/2021 at 9:40 PM, Abdul Waris said:

Hi, 

Would you please expound upon the 'informal interview' with the PI? If you mean an academic interview then, you are left with an interview with the admissions section only; which would simply be a conversation wherein they would ask you about your personal life like interests, how do you feel about relocating to Saudi Arabia, occupation of your parents, your hobbies, etc. 

That's what the PI said when he interviewed me haha. Mainly I was required to present a short presentation about myself and previous work and experiences. He asked me a few questions then proceeded to talk to me about his lab work and research.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:14 AM, MCQ said:

Hi doombirb,
Wish you best of luck first of all.
Usually there are three interviews:

Have you already submitted your application including all required documents like the English test scores and the three recommendation letters?

Thank you :)

I already submitted my application + recommendation letters, but I still need to go through the TOEFL exam. I registered and specified for them the date and everything.

How long did you have to wait between each interview?

7 hours ago, doombirb said:

Thank you :)

I already submitted my application + recommendation letters, but I still need to go through the TOEFL exam. I registered and specified for them the date and everything.

How long did you have to wait between each interview?

I had to wait for 3 weeks in average between interviews.

Hi Everyone,

I had applied for master program last year, but I was already enrolled in other university. They told me to complete my degree then apply for PhD next year.

I have already submitted my app on Jan and my academic interview was held in late April, and the interviewer told me that he will upload my name and wait for the admission response.

Till now I haven't heard from them, and I wonder if there is a possibility that they refer to my pervious application (master) instead of conducting the interview.

I am just assuming this scenario, hoping to positive response from KAUST ?

On 6/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, Mohammed T said:

Hi Everyone,

I had applied for master program last year, but I was already enrolled in other university. They told me to complete my degree then apply for PhD next year.

I have already submitted my app on Jan and my academic interview was held in late April, and the interviewer told me that he will upload my name and wait for the admission response.

Till now I haven't heard from them, and I wonder if there is a possibility that they refer to my pervious application (master) instead of conducting the interview.

I am just assuming this scenario, hoping to positive response from KAUST ?

Hi dude,

Haven't you any HR interviews yet or what? And where have you been studying by the way?

On 6/17/2021 at 3:27 PM, Sam_gh said:

Any update after Final HR Interview about the results?.

Hi Sam,

Nothing yet and no one has an idea when shall we hear back from KAUST, it might be this week or it could be next month. When was you last contact with administration?

3 hours ago, MCQ said:

Hi dude,

Haven't you any HR interviews yet or what? And where have you been studying by the way?

Hi,

Till now, I haven't. I live in SA and have obtained my degrees from here as well. Same as you, I am also receiving acceptance from other universities , so I hope to hear from KAUST soon...

Thanks,